Need an updated ASLRB index?

Augie

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have noticed that the latest "core" modules do not come with updated indexes. Modules like HP and FW add several new rules, but without an updated ASL index, you can be quite challenged to find the "new rules". Also, the Index is considered part of the "official rules", so lacking an updated Index can be problematic from that aspect. Wondering out loud if there will be any MMP effort to officially update the Index.

buser333

Reaction score
I'm trying to get people together to update the index as a group effort.
That is certainly an admirable task, Vinnie. But, as Mike said, the Index is an official part of the rulebook and thus there should be an official update. I have used it fairly often to settle rules questions. Because it is not only an index, but a glossary. For that matter, I think we are long overdue for a 3rd edition of the ASLRB.

Last edited:

GeorgeBates

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llJapan
That is certainly an admirable task, Vinnie. But, as Mike said, the Index is an official part of the rulebook and thus there should be an official update...
It would be fair to say that a hefty portions of every official product are produced by volunteers. Quite often, the idea originates outside MMP and becomes an "official" effort once a draft submission is reviewed. This is not to say that MMP doesn't have a strategy for this product line, but these are not the Avalon Hill days when product sales paid the salaries of designers, developers, artists, typesetting and layout people. MMP needs a cadre of contributors.

... For that matter, I think we are long overdue for a 3rd edition of the ASLRB.
You might be holding your breath a long time on this one.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
There is a big difference between adding to the Index and publishing a third edition of the rulebook.
We don't need to wait that MMP moves for the former: inputs from the ASL crowd could be much more productive than the craft of two or three writers.
And, as George underlined, MMP could recycle that work in the future - ameliorating it a step further.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If we all hot together and drew it up as a text document then submitted that to MMPwe would be helping them along.
I'm not certain but I think it might be small enough to include in a journal. Eithrr way, even if MMP do not use it, we would still have a useable index.