NC Bitter Ender 21 through 24-Apr-2022

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Comrades,

After a 2 year hiatus the Bitter Ender will take place 21.24-Apr-2022 Face to Face at our old haunt, the Ramada Inn Raleigh NC.

If you are interested in attending and are NOT on our email distribution list, please PM me with your email and I'll send you the full flyer which has all the information you need to pre-register.

When: Thursday 21-Apr-2022 thru Sunday, 24-Apr-2022. Thursday April 16th is designated as an open play day but will feature OAF Scenario "Rider’s on the Storm" team play. The first round of the Bitter Ender Grognard main event will begin promptly Friday at 0800 hours. Please join us for the NC ASL Players Association Annual Tournament (Facebook: North Carolina ASL Group).

Where:
Ramada Raleigh Blue Ridge, 1520 Blue Ridge road, Raleigh, NC 27607. Contact the hotel directly for reservations under the function name: Bitter-Enders

Phone: 1-919-832-4100
Fax: 1-919-826-1796

Website Ramada

Hotel Information: The cost for a hotel room at the Bitter Ender should not exceed $80 per night (Excluding taxes). Please book early to get this price.

Fee:
The entry fee for the Bitter Ender 2022 will be $40 for pre-registration post marked on or before March 10th, 2022. The door fee is $45. Pre-Registration cost for entry on a single day will be $20.00. The door fee is $25.

• Please note, single day entrants will not be eligible for the main tournament. Single day entrants will only be eligible for the Mini Tournaments if there is space and on a first come first serve basis. You may not pre-register for a Mini. Note that players eliminated in the Friday round of the Grognard Tournament will have priority for spots in the Minis.
The Grognard Tournament: The Bitter Ender main event (The Grognard) will consist of 5 rounds of single elimination. Players participating in The Grognard will be required to play a minimum of two matches on Friday and two matches on Saturday. Sunday will consist of the championship match.

Ray Woloszyn

"Fire and Movement"
Reaction score
First name
Ray
Country
llUnited States
Talking with Doug this last weekend it seems that this year's Bitter Ender is a go with a lot of people expressing an interest. If you are interested in attending, please get your registration in as soon as possible before the main event, "The Grognard," fills up completely. We look forward to seeing prior participants once again as well as welcoming newcomers!

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Talking with Doug this last weekend it seems that this year's Bitter Ender is a go with a lot of people expressing an interest. If you are interested in attending, please get your registration in as soon as possible before the main event, "The Grognard," fills up completely. We look forward to seeing prior participants once again as well as welcoming newcomers!
the FINAL decision will be made on 2/25. I would rate chances of a go at 90% right now, but the event it NOT a done deal. Who knows what our Governor will do....

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
the FINAL decision will be made on 2/25. I would rate chances of a go at 90% right now, but the event it NOT a done deal. Who knows what our Governor will do....
Good luck! Hope you are able to proceed with it.

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Anyone know if there’s any spots left in the main event this weekend?

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
At my first ‘Bitter Ender’ I remember driving into downtown Wilmington and crossing this hill and saw the superstructure of this giant ship across the river. I exclaim “That is a US battleship !” It was the North Carolina. I thought “They should make apartments in there”, lol.
The only reason I knew was because I’ve played ‘Silent Hunter’ 1,2,3,4 & 5 and have learned to identify WW2 ships from their masts and superstructures across the horizon. US battleships have these cantilever AA postitions that jut out on the upper areas. Anyways...

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
At my first ‘Bitter Ender’ I remember driving into downtown Wilmington and crossing this hill and saw the superstructure of this giant ship across the river. I exclaim “That is a US battleship !” It was the North Carolina. I thought “They should make apartments in there”, lol.
The only reason I knew was because I’ve played ‘Silent Hunter’ 1,2,3,4 & 5 and have learned to identify WW2 ships from their masts and superstructures across the horizon. US battleships have these cantilever AA postitions that jut out on the upper areas. Anyways...
You would have made a great lookout!!

Fort

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’m confused as to the date for this event. The first post says 21-24 April. Then Friday the 16th is mentioned.
Is it this weekend, or next weekend?

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
I’m confused as to the date for this event. The first post says 21-24 April. Then Friday the 16th is mentioned.
Is it this weekend, or next weekend?
I wouldn't think it would be held over Easter weekend.