NC Bitter Ender 2021

Ganjulama

Tuco B.P.J. Maria Ramirez
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Please note that I permanently deleted my Facebook account today. I have no intention of returning to Facebook so if you need to contact me you can send me an email or PM me here. Alternatively, you may PM me your email address and I'll add you to the distribution list.

I’m not optimistic that the Bitter Ender 2021 will take place. Given Governor Cooper’s proven track record of response to Covid-19, a gathering of more than 25 people in April is highly unlikely. Working in Pharma Research, I was shocked at the speed with which Pfizer developed a vaccine (I’ve never seen anything like it in 20 years of industry experience). However, manufacture, distribution, and implementation will probably take longer, and unless I’m very wrong (quite possible) past April 2021.

I will not host a Virtual Bitter Ender. Don't get me wrong, VASL is probably the best thing that ever happened to this hobby. However, I don't play VASL and have no desire to start. I would rather wait 6 months to play F2F than play VASL. I spend too much of my time in front of a computer now and have no desire to incorporate screen time into a hobby. For me, there are better things to do in life that don't involve staring at a screen.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Please note that I permanently deleted my Facebook account today. I have no intention of returning to Facebook so if you need to contact me you can send me an email or PM me here. Alternatively, you may PM me your email address and I'll add you to the distribution list.

I’m not optimistic that the Bitter Ender 2021 will take place. Given Governor Cooper’s proven track record of response to Covid-19, a gathering of more than 25 people in April is highly unlikely. Working in Pharma Research, I was shocked at the speed with which Pfizer developed a vaccine (I’ve never seen anything like it in 20 years of industry experience). However, manufacture, distribution, and implementation will probably take longer, and unless I’m very wrong (quite possible) past April 2021.

I will not host a Virtual Bitter Ender. Don't get me wrong, VASL is probably the best thing that ever happened to this hobby. However, I don't play VASL and have no desire to start. I would rather wait 6 months to play F2F than play VASL. I spend too much of my time in front of a computer now and have no desire to incorporate screen time into a hobby. For me, there are better things to do in life that don't involve staring at a screen.
Your decision not to go virtual is quite understandable. Why engage in a bus man's holiday?

I found your comment about the speed of the vaccine development quite interesting. It's not often we get to hear from someone who has insight into an undertaking such as this.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Your decision not to go virtual is quite understandable. Why engage in a bus man's holiday?

I found your comment about the speed of the vaccine development quite interesting. It's not often we get to hear from someone who has insight into an undertaking such as this.
Yes he is in the biz but probably can’t talk about anymore due to group think censorship.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Yes he is in the biz but probably can’t talk about anymore due to group think censorship.
Bob you are most likely correct about that. Damn, there go my plans for setting up a bootleg vaccine lab in my cellar.☹☹???

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Sorry Action, I don’t find much humor in the situation. It’s rather sad.
Too right Bob. It's a character flaw of mine that I try to find humor wherever I can, especially in bad situations. Sometimes it ends up being inappropriate but oftentimes it is all that you have to prevent depression and going off the deep end. My sincerest apologies if my comment caused offense. It certainly wasn't meant to.