NBS titles put on hold

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know why, if what they really wanted was to push aside Anders and Elias, they just didn't do so and have the LBA game a simple port to NBS. The scale of NBS would make Waterloo manageable, counter density-wise, where LBA at battalion level is at the least a doubling of the counterset (usually two battalions per regiment, 4 per brigade) and a four fold increase in mappage.

If NBS was beholden to a SCS scale of economy (1 map, 1-1.5 countersheets), why is LBA given such license to create a Monster Game?

I'm sure Adam's track record justifies the risk, but I'd think the effort put into creating NBS 3.0-and the results of those efforts, while not best shown in the dubious prism of Talavera-would justify a vote of confidence for a true NBS Waterloo.

In all honesty, I thought NBS only needed a graphics upgrade; perhaps commissioned Barber maps and a bit more sexy graphics for the unit counters-something akin to the efforts put into the Salamanca counters with perhaps a La Batt style uni colour scheme for the counters.

What kills me is this system is really, really good-a keeper-and it's future is bleak. I had already sunk about $200 into research materials for a NBS Borodino (despite many 'groggies' misgivings about the battle, Napoleon intended to smash the Russian Army, not pussyfoot around it) and gotten in touch with Terry Doherty (currently revamping La Battaile de la Moskova) for OB work and Dr Alexandre Mikaberidze (The Battle of Borodino; Napoleon against Kutusov) for additional research assistance.

Pah-it's all what it is........

Keith Todd

Reaction score
What kills me is this system is really, really good-a keeper-and it's future is bleak. I had already sunk about $200 into research materials for a NBS Borodino (despite many 'groggies' misgivings about the battle, Napoleon intended to smash the Russian Army, not pussyfoot around it) and gotten in touch with Terry Doherty (currently revamping La Battaile de la Moskova) for OB work and Dr Alexandre Mikaberidze (The Battle of Borodino; Napoleon against Kutusov) for additional research assistance.

Pah-it's all what it is........
Wow, I had no idea you were into it that far. I commend your efforts and commiserate with your loss. I lost time and effort but no hard dollars. Maybe you could design your own Borodino?

best regards to you,

Keith

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You know a Borodino might get a chance. Anders and Elias didn't seem to want to do Waterloo, and they might not have been willing to port over LBA. I get the feeling that there is a lot more that went on behind the scenes than what is on CSW or the gnomes.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wow, I had no idea you were into it that far. I commend your efforts and commiserate with your loss. I lost time and effort but no hard dollars. Maybe you could design your own Borodino?

best regards to you,

Keith
I'm not going to toss it all, I s'pose. The thing is, between the gnomes list, NBS folder on CSW and the LBA folder on CSW there's alot of talk but it's cyclonic in nature; I don't get the sense *anything* is concrete, including Adam's LBA!!

Is NBS dead, alive (but on life-support?) or is it to be ported to LBA? Will it be the basis for a battalion level game? Will another game be released in LBA's stead? Are we being jerked around?

I just don't know what's going on, and despite polite questions as to what, exactly, IS going on, we hear deafening silence...

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just don't know what's going on, and despite polite questions as to what, exactly, IS going on, we hear deafening silence...

I especially liked Adam's tap dancing when asked if LBA is truly any farther along than NBS Waterloo. It was a few years ago, but I get the impression that nothing has been done since.

A lot of this is simply due to MMP's lack of communication. Maybe behind the scenes there is some talk, but that hasn't reassured any of the people out of the loop.

'Ol Fezziwig

Repressed Dissident
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I especially liked Adam's tap dancing when asked if LBA is truly any farther along than NBS Waterloo. It was a few years ago, but I get the impression that nothing has been done since.

A lot of this is simply due to MMP's lack of communication. Maybe behind the scenes there is some talk, but that hasn't reassured any of the people out of the loop.
I've never dropped acid, but the state of things on CSW & the gnomeslist has me thinking that's what it must be like...:drink:

Cherper

Legend in my own mind
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not much to say about LBA. It is (or will be someday) a Battalion level Napoleonic game originally about Wagram now Waterloo. The rules exist (or they will). There is a folder on CSW, but not much info in it either.