Naval units supply

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Anyone?

Any help on this? I would appreciate it. In my 2nd game with me as the Allies, all my ships are down to orange health due to supply problems after a single turn. :rolleyes:

Heinz57

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't know the specific rules on naval supply, but my guess is that sea hexes can be owned. If a naval unit can trace supply via owned hexes that it will automatically receive the regular allocation of supply in the next turn.

In this scenario, if the navy is close to the shore it will be providing fire support to everything in range for which it makes a successful communications check (the majority of the time), so they will be spending supply much faster than they receive it.

The only real remedy is to withdraw them out of range for a few turns and their supply should increase, but their presence is primarily needed in the first few turns.

Heldenkaiser

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
So there is supply on sea?

Yes, they've been firing like mad in support. Do ships suffer desertion effects? The manual's supply section mentions this as the worst effect of being out of supply. Thanks. :)

Secadegas

Reaction score
Country
llPortugal
Heldenkaiser said:
Yes, they've been firing like mad in support. Do ships suffer desertion effects? The manual's supply section mentions this as the worst effect of being out of supply. Thanks. :)
Never saw ships out of supply... but you can check on the unit report each turn.

Mr Dabbs is right. Your ships are firing "too much" and if so is usual to go "red"... fast

nessin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't remember where, but I was reading a FAQ/write-up that mentioned Ships at sea are always in supply and recieve the same amount no matter where they are. Not sure if being in port improves that.