Naval sim & wargame CLAD in IRON: Philippines 1898

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by totemgam, Dec 8, 2017.

1. totemgam

totemgam New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Bryansk
    Hello. My name is Maxim. I'm one of the developers of the naval war game and sim CLAD in IRON: Philippines 1898. About 10 years ago, among our members of the community Tsushima forums (tsushima.su) our small team of volunteers and like-minded people formed.

We wanted to make a game that commercial game developers could not offer us then. Over the years we have learned a lot, we have made several games, made all possible mistakes of newcomers and finally finished the project from which it all started 10 years ago. It's a long time, but we could only give our hobbies free from family and work time.

We are sure that no one has wanted or could not make a similar game in the genre of naval war game and simulator of sea battles. This is our strong and weak point. For very many, our game seems too boring and long. We deliberately did not change the real characteristics of the ships and their weapons. If in reality the cannon charges 5 minutes, and the ship gains full speed in 15 minutes - that means in our game as well. In any case, we have an acceleration of time.

If there is a category of games not for everyone, then it's us. This is an honest game that is made by players and fans of the old school's war games for other players of the same kind (without any lies of marketers). We have a small, but very friendly community of players from different countries. The game is available in English and Russian.

Now we want to present our game to everyone interested. I am ready to answer any questions and help to disassemble with the game, if necessary.

This is an introductory video for the game:

This video of the gameplay in real time (simulator):

This video shows the effect of weather on the accuracy of ship cannons:

This video of the gameplay and training in a step-by-step strategy:

This video teaches you how to work with the game interface:

I am absolutely sure that my message is not commercial. None of us earned anything on this expensive hobby.

2. totemgam

totemgam New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Bryansk
    Steam achievements are now live in Clad in Iron: Philippines 1898!

We have prepared for you a collection of 24 achievements: for the capture of important harbors, for the destruction of the strongest enemy ships, for the successful use of mines and torpedoes, for improving the experience of your infantry and ships.

Now you will be able to track your progress in the game and record important milestones, and also show your level of skill to our gaming community. We hope they will encourage people to get the most from the game!

3. totemgam

totemgam New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Bryansk
    Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Let life in the new year be better than in the past! I wish you happiness and good luck!

P.S. Save 33% on CLAD in IRON: Philippines 1898

4. totemgam

totemgam New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Bryansk