NatZee Flags

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Uh-hum. Most collectors display Nazi stuff to display Nazi stuff if you ask me.

Well. You asked for opinions, you've got mine. It is: Throw the shit away and abstain from the opportunity to earn money by selling Nazi items.

von Marwitz
I would concur, selling it on to Nazi fanboys wouldn't be a good thing to do
still, that's just my opinion you can do what you like

I guess it can't be all bad though if Lemmy from motorhead collected the stuff but still, I would lean towards just getting rid of it

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Michael Dorosh said
Living history groups, props companies who service movie and television, theatre productions can all make use of period firearms, particularly if converted to blank fire or rendered inoperable. Even as wall hangers there is value and people will pay to obtain them. well, that's got me thinking,
Alan Hume said
that's a good point right enough, I could see that
Can't learn from history if you're intent on covering it up instead.

stuh42asl

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
If you hide or destroy history you stop teaching the children about the mistakes of the past. Then those very same children will make those same mistakes by allowing evil to raise it's head again.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you hide or destroy history you stop teaching the children about the mistakes of the past. Then those very same children will make those same mistakes by allowing evil to raise it's head again.
Agreed, it is truly disconcerting the path recent views of history have taken. It seems to be that currently we are constantly consciously ignoring past history because the actions or symbols of one side or the other (sometimes both) make us uncomfortable. How can we expect to address similar circumstances in the future if revisionist attitudes continue to dominate our presentation of actual history. Sure some items may be controversial, but to bury them completely in the past or to ignore/reject them in a historical context because you need a "safe place" or because you disagree with their presentation is a dangerous road to travel. As Sam Clemens has been quoted as saying, "I'm not sure history repeats itself, but it often rhymes."

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Context is everything. Display a Nazi flag in the Gordon Highlander museum and you are illustrating the battle against fascism. Drape them unauthorised over a war memorial and you are insulting those who fought and died.

william.stoppel

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I’d contact a militaria dealer and sell the items. Nothing wrong with turning a profit selling war trophies. Plenty of good people collect this stuff and will pay good money for it. Hopefully they won’t dress up wearing Nazi crap but not your problem. Turn a buck give the finger to Hitler at the same time!