NATO Equip

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Do any of the games in these series come with NATO equipt? From a quick glance, it would appear to be basically US vs REDFOR, with some UK thrown in.
I am looking for something that includes the Leo 2, Marders, and other German equipt. I would even go for a 'mod' to one of these games, as the engine behind these games sounds very exceptional. Any ideas?
Thanks

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Star and the Crescent has a hodgepodge of vehicles from different countries (as did the Arab-Israeli wars, for that matter). Raging Tiger also has a number of vehicles besides the standard US v. Soviet fare.

At the end of the day, all of the games (except the minigames like BCG or March to Baghdad) come with a full featured scenario, map, and database editor. It is actually not too labor intensive to add vehicles. To see the instructions, see here:

http://www.prosimco.com/atf/tutorial/index.htm

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very cool, you sold me then. Nothing against US equipt anyway, just am looking for a game that can be used in MBX style play involving some NATO nations, and the engine here seems too good o pass up. Thank you.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just caught onto something else in your answer. In my original question by "this series" I meant ATF/AATF...your reply to my question caused me to only read the surface as the reply, but on further review, are you saying that Raging Tiger, Arab Israeli Wars, etc are all part of the same engine? And if so, is it possible to purchase them and combine units from one, into another?
Thank you

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There are two different engines. ATF is the older engine, AATF is the newer engine. However, the new, AATF engine is 100% backwards compatible with scenarios from ATF, so you can install AATF over older versions of the game and then play the old scenarios in the new engine--an instant upgrade.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thank you Sir. I just purchased ATF and am enjoying the scenarios that shipped with it. I will also be purchasing the AATF engine. It seems from glancing through the tutorial page you referenced above, that adding units is actually very easy to do. Adding maps, I am having difficulty with however. There is a program to turn BMP drawn maps into maps that ATF/AATf can use, but it says it is missing a dll file. I am wondering if the map making is the same, with AATF? or perhaps easier, in which case I will not continue to try and figure that part out.
Thanks again

Pat Proctor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The map making engines are identical.

What program are you using to change your drawn map into an ATF map? You should be able to do this inside the ATF Power Toolkit.