Nationality counter set feedback? Anyone got the discount email they can share?

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
still waiting for the US National counter sheet that I that I ordered back in June. Christmas is coming, I guess.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yep, I ordered the Black SS way back about then too to be honest,
I have to admit I am really gutted to find out that the sets are not going to be complete ORBATS
as I thought they were. I'm not complaining though, I'm still looking forward to them it's just that it doesn't make sense to me that they will make a really cool set of counters but not make it complete

As I say, I just hope they either make them complete or release another set to finish them off (although that means I would need to find more money again to pay for them)

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yep, I ordered the Black SS way back about then too to be honest,
I have to admit I am really gutted to find out that the sets are not going to be complete ORBATS
as I thought they were. I'm not complaining though, I'm still looking forward to them it's just that it doesn't make sense to me that they will make a really cool set of counters but not make it complete

As I say, I just hope they either make them complete or release another set to finish them off (although that means I would need to find more money again to pay for them)
I believe Ray runs a demand and supply business, the demand for these probably wasn't as much as his other stuff, hence why it was getting pushed down the printing queue.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Thanks, yeah, I guess so, still, I have to say I am really surprised as I would have thought that 'Black' SS would have been a really popular item and fly off the shelves (I know it divides a lot of people but it seems to appeal to as many folks as it offends others)

If I had the money I would very likely buy into the other nationality sets Ray is bringing out at the moment but I just don't have the cash gosh darn it:D The US Paras/Rangers looked pretty cool it has to be said

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I ordered one of those leader sheets where you get a few leaders with whatever name and rank you choose. I bought them as a Christmas (2015) gift for my son and ordered them really early, like in September. I ended up getting them in like February or March, well after Christmas.

Misterhawk

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

If they are not complete, then do you know what they do (and don't) include? I'll be damned if I can figure it out ... I saw that in addition to the main set there were two separate sheets available for them but I don't know if they are duplicates or something else.

Last edited:

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Dutch_Trucks_5ss_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Here are pics of the proofs I did for RT with the dutch truck setDutch_Trucks_4ss_FINAL_PROOF.jpg . I think the main sheets will cover most of the SS OB.

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nat_SS_AFV_1_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_AFV_2_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_AFV_3_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_MMC_1_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_SMC_2_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_AFV_2_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_AFV_3_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_MMC_1_FINAL_PROOF.jpg Nat_SS_SMC_2_FINAL_PROOF.jpg here next is the main SS counter sheets for the SS OB 5 counter sheets in all for the SS OB remember these are proofs.

dmchenry99

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I wish those images (even smaller versions to protect from piracy) were on CH's site and they offered similar images for other products. I would spend a lot more money with them if they were more transparent in what they are offering and when it might arrive.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If they are not complete, then do you know what they do (and don't) include? I'll be damned if I can figure it out ... I saw that in addition to the main set there were two separate sheets available for them but I don't know if they are duplicates or something else.
have to admit, I don't honestly have a clue, beyond the basic 6-5-8 and corresponding half squad I just don't know

Gunner Scott

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The website price is 70 bucks for 5 SS counter sheets but RT might include a discount code for them in his next mailer.

Scott

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That's a pretty good price even without a discount. The detail on the AFV camo is impressive, best I've see so far.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks, yeah, I guess so, still, I have to say I am really surprised as I would have thought that 'Black' SS would have been a really popular item and fly off the shelves (I know it divides a lot of people but it seems to appeal to as many folks as it offends others)

If I had the money I would very likely buy into the other nationality sets Ray is bringing out at the moment but I just don't have the cash gosh darn it:D The US Paras/Rangers looked pretty cool it has to be said
I agree somewhat. Cash is very scarce these days or I would have been ordering more counters than I do.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I passed on this because I have enough black counters. I did get the U.S olive green counters. Not as much, but I don't know what they look like. proofs also?

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I agree somewhat. Cash is very scarce these days or I would have been ordering more counters than I do.
Yep, I would have loved to have got the US ones but I don't have any Black counters so figured to spend the money on those instead

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ok this weekends code is Gold30 there are two new sheets of BLACK SS counters separate from the pack but from the description they are the Dutch trucks in black .