Nationality counter set feedback? Anyone got the discount email they can share?

LHMG

Reaction score
So far I like their counters. Much better than the standard 70's looking stuff. And even with a few errors they are better than the no-counters others aren't producing :).

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
So far I like their counters. Much better than the standard 70's looking stuff. And even with a few errors they are better than the no-counters others aren't producing :).
How many times have you played ASL scenarios against real people using Critical Hit counters?

LHMG

Reaction score
How many times have you played ASL scenarios against real people using Critical Hit counters?
Since I have gotten back into playing in the past six months none yet, its mostly been Vassal. Live players are scarce in this area.

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Until Critical Hit is not the only game in town for certain nationalities I will probably buy their counters. I am sixty seven years old and I do not want to wait until I am over seventy for French and Axis Minors.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
His only "vision" is to make money.
sheesh, that's the thing though Mark, I really, really WANT to believe that Ray is doing this for the love of the game and the fans as much as to make money (and everyone has a right to make money right enough, you can't live without it

Maybe I'm being niaive, could well be but that's just how I feel you know
(though I am a bit, okay,very, disappointed about the glitches in the counters I bought but I'm hoping he's going to have sent out replacement sheets to Olli, Olli has been kind enough to ask for them to be put in with his recent orders as I can't afford to make any more orders at the moment)

LHMG

Reaction score
Does anyone know if they are going to come out with a British Nationality set. If not what is the best way to get a set of British, but the D-Day games or the individual sheets.

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Does anyone know if they are going to come out with a British Nationality set. If not what is the best way to get a set of British, but the D-Day games or the individual sheets.
If you are just in need of a British OOB, maybe consider a used West of Alamein. They seem to be going for <$100 on the used market. That would also give you the desert rules and boards (although mounted). That might be cheaper than the D-Day games and ~equivalent to purchase of all the sheets. Just an option.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
sheesh, that's the thing though Mark, I really, really WANT to believe that Ray is doing this for the love of the game and the fans as much as to make money (and everyone has a right to make money right enough, you can't live without it

Maybe I'm being niaive, could well be but that's just how I feel you know
(though I am a bit, okay,very, disappointed about the glitches in the counters I bought but I'm hoping he's going to have sent out replacement sheets to Olli, Olli has been kind enough to ask for them to be put in with his recent orders as I can't afford to make any more orders at the moment)
Well, I hope it will turn out as you wish for.

Please let us know your experiences in half a year.

von Marwitz

Bob Walters

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are just in need of a British OOB, maybe consider a used West of Alamein. They seem to be going for <$100 on the used market. That would also give you the desert rules and boards (although mounted). That might be cheaper than the D-Day games and ~equivalent to purchase of all the sheets. Just an option.
I think one has to be lucky to get West of Alamein for under $100. That said I have seen two copies sell lately for that price. Heck, I was lucky enough to score one of them. If you can not find one of those then you at least get some in the various starter kits and various historical modules that are floating around.

LHMG

Reaction score
Well, I hope it will turn out as you wish for.

Please let us know your experiences in half a year.

von Marwitz
I kind of hope he's in it for the money and he's making lots of it so he will continue to do it and bring us more stuff in a timely manner (unlike others). If he likes what he is doing all the better.

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think one has to be lucky to get West of Alamein for under $100. That said I have seen two copies sell lately for that price. Heck, I was lucky enough to score one of them. If you can not find one of those then you at least get some in the various starter kits and various historical modules that are floating around.
Yes, it is very fluid. Patience is key.... and unfortunately i don't have that.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Yes he is but at the moment you can get a limited Brit OB with the North Wertern Europe pack , it is very limited tho especially with Vehicles.

LHMG

Reaction score
Yes he is but at the moment you can get a limited Brit OB with the North Wertern Europe pack , it is very limited tho especially with Vehicles.
Yeah I was kind of looking for mid to Kate war stuff as the early war doesn't really interest me, especially in the desert. Any idea when the Brutus will be out. The others tend to take years to produce anything and I am hoping to see some while I can still gum my food at least

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Until Critical Hit is not the only game in town for certain nationalities I will probably buy their counters. I am sixty seven years old and I do not want to wait until I am over seventy for French and Axis Minors.
So you will pirate Chapter H?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Pick up a copy of Decision at Elst, it has two full OoB for the 4-5-7 counters in the new large font/depictions with the standard lettering of A-Z & aa-zz. It only has late war Shermans, but those are used in many scenarios. No Elite troops but you do get many 2nd line 4-4-7s and crews though. Then when you get a new FKaC, you'll have extra counters and Leaders all with different names... Plus a campaign game with all the Germans you'll need too! Cheap as well...