Nationality counter set feedback? Anyone got the discount email they can share?

Whiskers1123

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I like the CH counters but I noticed that some of them are way off center. I don't like that! I didn't notice it until I punched them and started to clip them.

The OD Omaha set is the worst. The Waffen SS has some off center counters. The two winter german sets are all good.

Last edited:

Honza

The Art Of Wargames
Reaction score
First name
Jan
Country
llCzechia
I used the last code you gave us to purchase the SS nationality set. Saved me $30.

msoong38

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
>I have the Dutch, Norwegians, Romanians and Hungarians

I am interested in purchasing the Romanians and Hungarians, but for the life of me can not find a link on CH's confusing website. Any help on where to get it would be appreciated...

gulliver62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am interested in purchasing the Romanians and Hungarians, but for the life of me can not find a link on CH's confusing website. Any help on where to get it would be appreciated...
this should get you to them
http://www.criticalhit.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=JAN_16&CatListingOffset=100&Offset=100&Per_Page=20&Sort_By=disp_order
If not, go to the
ASLComp NEW 2016 SHIPPING NOW button on the category bar on the left and they are near the end of the items.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ray screws up again with the Feldgrau Germans, you get 20 LMG' s and 20 MMG' s 11 0f which have the correct backs but 9 have the backs for HMG' s of which there are none, proofing lets his product down again.

TopT

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
That is a shame.
That is the problem with CH. They get as much wrong as they get 'right'.

In their early years they produced quite a bit of good stuff but lately (quite a while lately) they either produce junk, rip off some other product or it is a clear case of re hashing something that they have publish a few times in the past. Let's not forget the almost total lack a QC.

I am amazed that anyone would buy anything that they produce anymore and that IS taking into account that they still produce stuff that covers actions that no one else is doing. :confused:

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ray screws up again with the Feldgrau Germans, you get 20 LMG' s and 20 MMG' s 11 0f which have the correct backs but 9 have the backs for HMG' s of which there are none, proofing lets his product down again.
yes, I agree. Same thing with his British Khaki counters from D-Day. There is a mix up with navy crew fronts and mortar backs. He needs to proof better.

Last edited:

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
He will replace any counter sheet with any obvious problem, and that sheet definitely has problems. You still have to wait for the replacement sheets, agreed, however you gain for free the counters not ruined from that sheet after replacement. Bonus. Although I'm not buying anymore of his counters, I still think CH makes really nice looking counters. Their black SS OB counters have the art trimmed in dark grey removing the halo effect created from white trim.

Let him know, then sit back and await your free replacement sheet(s). :)

Last edited:

goatleaf1

Reaction score
Country
ll
I assume Ray must know by now about the lack of HMGs on both sets of Feldgrau Germans. I have an outstanding order for other nationality counters - before Maureen posts them, do I need to email her to request replacements or will she send them automatically to everyone who ordered them (as for example CH did with the missing boards from the Tarawa mega maps). I don't want to unnecessarily add to what I imagine is a bombardment of emails about this.

clubby

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Wait. So you're saying there's HMG "backs" even though there's no HMGs counters? How does that even happen?

Brad M-V

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I assume Ray must know by now about the lack of HMGs on both sets of Feldgrau Germans. I have an outstanding order for other nationality counters - before Maureen posts them, do I need to email her to request replacements or will she send them automatically to everyone who ordered them (as for example CH did with the missing boards from the Tarawa mega maps). I don't want to unnecessarily add to what I imagine is a bombardment of emails about this.
You should let them know regardless.

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
are we going to get any replacements for the Black SS halfsquads that don't have underlined morale when they should?

fingers crossed

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Wait. So you're saying there's HMG "backs" even though there's no HMGs counters? How does that even happen?
Yes if you check all the MMG backs you will find they are not all the same approx 9 have the wrong backs for MMG's but correct for HMG's

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
are we going to get any replacements for the Black SS halfsquads that don't have underlined morale when they should?

fingers crossed
All right. So far people have reported:
  • British Khaki counters from D-Day with a mix up with navy crew fronts and mortar backs.
  • Black SS halfsquads missing underlined morale.
  • Feldgrau Germans MMG's of which 11 out of 20 have the correct backs but 9 have the backs for HMG's and no HMG-frontsides in the mix at all.
Am I missing something?

That will be quite something to redo, replace, reship. I hope for you, that you will eventually receive what you paid for.

But maybe there might also be a completely new line of CH products by their prolific team called 'Warring Parties Countersheets' or similar soon without these particular oversights mentioned above.

von Marwitz