"Name this Weapon"

John Osborne

Reaction score
Its a M-95 Degman from Croatia. There is only one of these so far. Its a Croatian variant similar to M-84 with new armor package. It has improved targeting system, improved armor, with added ERA plates, and can hit its target with the first fired shot even if the target is moving and in any conditions day and night.

Rame, you were the closest one to name it.

John

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It looks to me like a modified Sheridan for the OPFOR out at the NTC. Of course I may not have had enough coffee this am. :nuts:

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
dhuffjr said:
It looks to me like a modified Sheridan for the OPFOR out at the NTC. Of course I may not have had enough coffee this am. :nuts:
Yup, it's the OPFOR "T-72"

Below are an OPFOR "T-80," "BRDM ATGM," and a "BMP"

Last edited:

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
from another board - no one knows what this (so anyone's guess would be helpful). Was shown at a South African airshow earlier this year.

the assumption is that they're INGWE missiles on the deck, so that's probably what the tubes carry, and maybe a 40mm HV AGL as the cannon (I'm assuming is an AD vehicle a la Linebacker)

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ivan Rapkinov said:
from another board - no one knows what this (so anyone's guess would be helpful). Was shown at a South African airshow earlier this year.

the assumption is that they're INGWE missiles on the deck, so that's probably what the tubes carry, and maybe a 40mm HV AGL as the cannon (I'm assuming is an AD vehicle a la Linebacker)

I can assure that it's a "concept" vehicle, is NOT in production, and in the configuration shown, is inop!;)

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
yeah, more interested in who makes it/target market, rather than users.

I'm assuming the company just provides the turrets for customers existing 'boxes

dhuffjr

Forum Conscript
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hub said:
Below are an OPFOR "T-80," "BRDM ATGM," and a "BMP"
I have seen pictures of the first two before. The BRDM made be look twice. My initial reaction was it is just a HMMWV with a TOW on top. Only then did it dawn on me that the front end was modified. I guess the brain sees what it expects to see, at least initially.

Hub

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ivan Rapkinov said:
yeah, more interested in who makes it/target market, rather than users.

I'm assuming the company just provides the turrets for customers existing 'boxes
Variant of the BMP-3 "Hermes?" (KBP Design Bureau)

Rame

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Netherlands BARV (Beach Armoured Recovery Vehicle) or something like that.

MajorH

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rame said:
Netherlands BARV (Beach Armoured Recovery Vehicle) or something like that.
Bingo.

BARV (Beach Armoured Recovery Vehicle)

Country Netherlands
Length approximately 8180 mm
Breadth 3250 mm
Height 3200
Weight 42 tonnes
Engine 10-cylinder diesel; 830 hp
Crew 2 - 3 personnel

The BARV is based on the undercarriage of a Leopard 1 main battle tank, on top of which a cabin of steel armour 30 mm thick with armoured glass windows 50 mm thick is built. The vehicle is used to provide assistance and security during amphibious landings. Vehicle are brought ashore by landing craft, but still always have to go at least part of the way through the water. The primary task of the BARV is freeing landing craft which have become bogged down. In addition, the BARV is used for recovering vehicles that have broken down or become stuck during the landing. The BARV is watertight to a height of 2.9 metres. If treated properly in advance, it can be made completely watertight (with the help of rubber flaps). If that is done, however, no personnel may be in the cabin. Making it completely watertight is, therefore, intended for if the vehicle itself gets stuck and cannot be recovered during a flood tide. The crew consists of a minimum of two personnel, a commander and a driver. There is also room for a third person. In 1998, two units were introduced into the Marine Corps stationed on HNLMS Rotterdam.