Mystery Science Theater 3000

Reaction score
A comment I made about the latest Star Wars movie made me reference Mystery Science Theater 3000. Are there any other fans of this show?

Bariman

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by viking370
didnt they bring some of them back on comedy central a few years ago?

I used to catch that show Saturday mornings on the SciFi Channel. Those guys are hilarious, and there were about six people total doing the show.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by Lance Williams
A comment I made about the latest Star Wars movie made me reference Mystery Science Theater 3000. Are there any other fans of this show?
I've seen a few of them, but when it was on over here it was on REALLY late - like 01:00 or something. I used to enjoy it though.

The movie version has been shown a couple of times during sensible hours.

Dr. S.

Reaction score
Originally posted by nreese21
never seen it. What is it?
This is the gist of the show. I guy is stranded in outer space as punishment with his two robots. To further punish him he he is sent as his only entertainment the absolute worst movies ever made.

What you see is the three of them watching these terrible movies and making snide remarks at the screen.........making these movies not only viewable to us, but quite funny.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not, but my wife is. Even took her to a live show in downtown Minneapolis several years ago. IIRC, the show was created right here in the Twin Cities.

SGT Long

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just to let you guys know how crappy the DVD selection is at the PX,I've accually seen some of the MST3K films sold in the "classics" section,without Servo,Crow and co,of course.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Originally posted by SGT Long
Just to let you guys know how crappy the DVD selection is at the PX,I've accually seen some of the MST3K films sold in the "classics" section,without Servo,Crow and co,of course.
Well at least there not in the "New release" section. :D

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I used to watch it when I was in school. Also a fan of the man show and the dave attel show. and that one that goes around from city to city finding all the wierd night life.

Reaction score
Originally posted by SGT Long
That should make Iraq look more attractive........

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You mean they have Death of The Gas Pumper?? The movie they showed in Blackhawk down when Hartnets LT had the siezure?

hogdriver

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes!!!!!

Though I must admit, I liked it so much more when Joel Hodgson was the "Satellite of Love" commander. After he slipped behind-the-scenes, I thought he show went steadily downhill.

Reaction score
Re: Re: Mystery Science Theater 3000

Originally posted by hogdriver
Yes!!!!!

Though I must admit, I liked it so much more when Joel Hodgson was the "Satellite of Love" commander. After he slipped behind-the-scenes, I thought he show went steadily downhill.
:thumb: That was a show the lower the budget the better it was, I agree the older ones were definately the best.

Thomas McPeek

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Big fan of Mystery Science 3000. The movie "Hobgoblins" was one of the funniest made me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: just hearing the snide remarks Mike and the robots.:thumb: