My Year in ASL [2017]

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In 2017 I only played 9 FTF scenarios (won 4/lost 5). I certainly hope to be able to play more games in 2018. Scheduling conflicts and fishing trips permitting. By far, most of my ASL play this past year has been solo.

The ASL highlight of the year was playing my first ever campaign game, the Rees HASL from DfTB. I didn't get to finish the CG as my opponent conceded to my Scots around the time of the night turns. I enjoyed the campaign game experience immensely and I hope to persuade my FTF opponent to try another one this year.

I donated some of my time this past year to assist the folks at BFP with some proofreading of one of their projects which is in development. I was very excited to help out with this, and I hope that I can do more proofing and playtesting in 2018.

Apart from the gameplay aspects of this past year, I have been most impressed by the plethora of new ASL products which have arrived, been placed on pre-order or in development.
I also was fortunate to win a raffle prize for donating to the Vipers baseball team through BFP 's website. I'm very grateful to have been rewarded for my modest contribution to a great youth activity.

2018 is going to be a busy and exciting year in ASL!

Last edited:

Will Fleming

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1+2+3) Got to know some of the good peeps of ASL better.

Less important, but got back to the 50+ games in a year category. Hasn't been that way since '98-ish. Hope to pull that trick in 2018 as well.

von Garvin

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I entered the year with a goal of getting in 2 games/week. I ended up with 120 matches: 55 wins and 65 losses. Also finished Pegasus Bridge as the German. Lost.
I got to 5 tournaments:
Winter Offensive
Nor'Easter
Tussle in the Tundra
ASLOK
NY State Championship

Just over half my games were face to face and the rest were via VASL.

I've already got 2 games in this year.

Best of all, had a great time and met many friends. Great community!

GoM

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My year...
Took my German Coy in an SASL Campaign from Poland to Stalingrad,
My personal Leader started as a 7-0
In charge of doorknockers and advanced to an 8-1 by time got to the Volga, died on second turn in an ambush...
No access to Vassal, so SASL only outlet except for FTF every few months...was a most enjoyable year of rolling dice :)

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
I played only 20 scenarios (12/8) against 17 different players, that is a negative record as regards the net number of playings, but is a new record as regards the % of opponents differentiation.
I have managed one of the more partecipated VASLeague of all times and set the one just started this year ( the most attended ever, with 140 players).
Besides I playtested at least 10-12 scenarios at the best I was able for a future upcoming project.