My year 2021 in ASL

asloser

The Head Tuomo of the Finnish ASL Community
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Decided to bore you all with some statistics of my ASL year in 2021.

Simply, the best year ever. In 2020 I got in 78 games which I thought was impossible record to break.

But then 2021 I played 93 games. I had 2 months break between jobs in summer with regular gaming sessions I was able to attend couple of tournaments both FtF and VASL and kept 4-5 PBEM games going all the time. I won 50 games which is a bit lower percentage than it used to be but I played many new rules and HASL so I played a lots of stuff outside my normal comfort zone. I also played 34 distinct opponents, some of whom were really high caliber players and that did not help the w/l record either.

I am amazed if I play more in 2022.

45 scenarios Face-to-face, 22 PBEM, 26 live VASL. I a very grateful for the people who keep VASL going. I would not be able to keep this pace up just FtF.

Official Scenarios:

Core modules 1
Action Packs 10
Best of Friends 7
Festung Budapest 10
Historical Study 1
Journal 7
Out Of the Bunker 1
Red Barricades 2
ASL Roma 1
GI's Dozen 1
Valor of the Guards 1
WO pack 4

Bounfing fire:

Magazines 8
Into the Rubble 2

Critical Hit Magazines 1

Dispatches from the bunker 1

Friendly Fire 7

Le Franck Tireur

Seuol HASL 7
LFT magazines and Rat packs 9

March Madness 2

Sherry enterprises

Rally Point 5
Schwerpunkt 5

Last edited:

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States

Simply, the best year ever. In 2020 I got in 78 games which I thought was impossible record to break.

But then 2021 I played 93 games. I had 2 months break between jobs in summer with regular gaming sessions I was able to attend couple of tournaments both FtF and VASL and kept 4-5 PBEM games going all the time. I won 50 games which is a bit lower percentage than it used to be but I played many new rules and HASL so I played a lots of stuff outside my normal comfort zone. I also played 34 distinct opponents, some of whom were really high caliber players and that did not help the w/l record either.

45 scenarios Face-to-face, 22 PBEM, 26 live VASL. I a very grateful for the people who keep VASL going. I would not be able to keep this pace up just FtF.

Official Scenarios:

Core modules 1
Action Packs 10
Best of Friends 7
Festung Budapest 10
Historical Study 1
Journal 7
Out Of the Bunker 1
Red Barricades 2
ASL Roma 1
GI's Dozen 1
Valor of the Guards 1
WO pack 4

Bounfing fire:

Magazines 8
Into the Rubble 2

Critical Hit Magazines 1

Friendly Fire 7

Le Franck Tireur

Seuol HASL 7

March Madness 2

Sherry enterprises

Rally Point 5
Schwerpunkt 5
Well done you!

cifdale

Reaction score
First name
Jeff
Country
llUnited States

Official Scenarios:

Core modules 1
Action Packs 10
Best of Friends 7
Festung Budapest 10
Historical Study 1
Journal 7
Out Of the Bunker 1
Red Barricades 2
ASL Roma 1
GI's Dozen 1
Valor of the Guards 1
WO pack 4

Bounfing fire:

Magazines 8
Into the Rubble 2

Critical Hit Magazines 1

Friendly Fire 7

Le Franck Tireur

Seuol HASL 7

March Madness 2

Sherry enterprises

Rally Point 5
Schwerpunkt 5
Well done to you! I managed to play 45 face to face scenarios this year on top of play testing. Thank you to all of my opponents. Hopefully, I can attend some tournaments this year.

Thunderchief

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Tuomo was one of my regular VASL PBEM opponents (and sometimes live VASL when we could) in 2021, so I will add my stats here.

Firstly I will say that Tuomo is definitely one of the friendliest, modest and reasonable ASL players I have met.

Anyway...enough about him...time to talk about me...

I played 44 games in 2021, down from an all-time high of 62 in 2020. This was still good since we moved house and I was immobilised due to injury for a while.
Of those 44, I won 19. I also played 7 playtests for something that should be out in a year or two.
All playtests were on live VASL and only two of the 44 others were FTF, the rest were all on VASL (15 PBEM and 27 live).

Scenarios played came from MMP, TAHGC, SP, BFP, HOB, CH, DFTB, LFT and LCP.
Opponents were from Finland, The Netherlands, France, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden and the USA.

Standout scenarios for the year were in the form of the first CG date of BRT CG III and A117 Maggot Hill. The BRT CG can be found in the AAR section of the forums and I'll be doing a write-up of the end of the 20PM scenario soon.

Worst scenarios were ASL R Burzevo and G34 The Liberators, both in their original formats (have they been updated?) They've been played now so they've been taken off the "not yet played" list.

2021 was also the first year in a very long time that I didn't buy any ASL products. Maybe when the USA vs AUS shipping problems ease a little I'll grab a few more...

VonHutier

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Don't play VASL, haven't got the time or computer power to do it. But I do have a regular oppo ,who I met in 2021 thanks to VFTT....so face to face we've played I think 8 games ,and I'm 2/6...not great. I think I'm too gung - ho ( love playing the Japanese, and Axis in general).
Stand out scenario? "Into the grinder".

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Don't play VASL, haven't got the time or computer power to do it.
Scrounging a food processor or toaster from the late 90's should be sufficient to solve your issue of the lacking computer power necessary for VASL.

I am at loss with solving your issue of insufficient time, though.

Cheers,
von Marwitz