My Wii is awaiting....

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Holy crap, my mate just rang and he got there 1 hour ago.. hes 18th in line :eek:

Apparently there was someone queuing from 12pm this afternoon :eek:

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Psh People been queing for at least 2-3 days where I lived. I'm just lucky I went to a place no one goes to :D

Midnight launches are awesome :D

kaytronika

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
heh Gamestation are doing a pre-orders only launch at midnight. So the smelly, damp queuers (I said queuers!) should be lacking (or across the road at Game :D)

kaytronika

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Well, half eleven rolled around and we jumped into the car and headed down to town. Gamestation had about 40 people in there and it was all pretty painless... Got Wii, Zelda, extra nun-chuck, component cable and wii-play plus extra wii remote. Unfortunately there had been a delay in shipments of extra remotes so we'll probably get that on saturday.

Back home now and we're all set up and running... A brief scare when I hadn't plugged it in properly and it didn't come on tho.

A couple of festive pics follow...

Fiancée has already nearly punched the dog out with the remote by accident :laugh:

kaytronika

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hehe It did two updates here.
Its rather odd being stood in the middle of my living room playing games... Completely different. I love this console already.

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just got my Wii delivered about an hour ago - set it all up, made a Mii, downloaded the original Zelda and played a bit of Wii sports; so far, it's very fun - I can see bowling being popular with my mates. I didn't get my copy of the Wii Play + Wiimote pack though, but got the nunchucka attatchment to go with it so I have 1.5 controllers at the moment - couldn't get a component cable either, so it looks kinda blury on my hdtv.

Just came back to the PC to order a freeloader disc so I can import Baten Kaitos Origins for the Gamecube, and now i'm off to play Zelda :D

kaytronika

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I only managed to get a Mad Catz HD cable but its good quality. Same 1.5 controller situation here too heh

Adamaniac 791

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Glad you guys (kaytronika and Bootaaay) got your wii's at the UK launch, especially considering the shortages. Have fun with them. ;)

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Yeah congrats go out to you guys!

I'm really disappointed really, i know that i wasn't going to get one until crimbo anyways, but the shortages are crazy!

But there will be a MASSIVE flow of them very soon :)

Ewan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Congrats you to, i didnt manage to get one im in the same position as bradas lol. but got zelda

kaytronika

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Ours is being well enjoyed! It certainly won't end up on Ebay which seems like the case for a lot of the consoles.

Sorry not everyone was so lucky but believe me, if you like fun gaming its worth the wait. I've never laughed so much!

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is ridiculousley silly fun - suprisingly, Red Steel was the game that went down really well with my mates; especially once they obtained the sword. Wii Sports is quite clearly awesome, except baseball - didn't really enjoy that.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
my Wii was pre-ordered from HMV and they sent me an email on the 7th in the evening saying they doubt i will get my Wii on the 8th due to their being a shortage (even though i had already received an email saying my wii had been dispacted:S) and so, now, i am wiiless and utterly gutted, zelda however is on its way to me so maybe if i spin the disk on my finger really fast, i might just hallucinate and think im playing the wii...