My first ever blog is about ASL

Tesgora

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
There's a brave man! He will teach his wife to play ASL. Michael, I wish you good luck. My spouse has a similar profile. She likes games and to learn about WWII. In fact one of her favorite movies is Das Boot. Yet, getting her into ASL has met with no success. I think she is afraid of entering my "secret world":D

applecatcher4

Reaction score
Country
ll
In the UK, we have a husband and wife couple that both play. They even come to tournaments from time to time. I have to say, she told me once that she will not lookin the rulebook as a matter of principle.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alas, my wife tried to enter into the fray, way back in the days of basic SL/GI Anvil Of Victory. The attempt failed due to the following....mishaps. "Ok hon, this piece here represents a flamethrower." (Remember for a second what the old SL FT counters looked like.) "Hmm, looks like a cat on a hook to me." "Ok, let's nevermind the ft for now. Ok, this piece represents a half squad." What's a half squad?" "Well it has half as many guys as a full squad, so about 5 guys." "But there are only two on the counter." "Right, so if you have to think of each printed guy representing two and a half guys." "How can you have half a guy, that's silly."
At this point the game was put away, I thanked Ann for her efforts and that was that.

Michael R

Minor Hero
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Is Diane going to be playing at the CASLO in September?
Probably not. Real Life is slowing down the lesson plan. I had hoped to do several short lessons per week, until I felt she had enough knowledge to play a scenario. Our average is closer to one per week so far. We'll see. If she plays, it will be open gaming.

Count_Zero

Reaction score
First name
Josh
Country
llUnited States
My first ever blog was about ASL, however, I'm not nearly lucky enough to have a wife that would even attempt ASL. She just shakes her head when I pull out my stuff to play.