My Albany AAR - Round 1

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Round 1: Defending Germans in Tigers & Flames vs Sean Deller

Another epic smackdown.....although somewhat reduced in excitement level by our tired minds (due to travel/work) and a brilliantly executed aggressive plan by Sean's Soviets. His troops completely overwhelmed one of the forward groups, assisted by 2 smoke rounds from the MTR on top of concealed units and lousy defensive shooting. Six T-34s loaded with 8 morale dudes then drove past my defenses, reenacting the remake of Mad Max. Many middle fingers were pointed at my troops and those were the mildest of insults hurled.

On Turn 2, the OT-34s joined the party and Sean's boys were on the edge of town. My HIP AT gun showed up in an excellent position behind the armor, blew up one OT-34 from the rear, kept ROF, hit another T34 and Shocked it, kept ROF......with more juicy looking tank rears in LOS....and then blew it with a Boxcars.

The next turn the Soviets completely overran the town....and my reinforcing Tigers and 6 squads were forced to counterattack rather than reinforce....in which they failed dramatically. It was deep into the night before I conceded, but I never felt close to winning, except those few minutes when my 50L AT took centre stage. After that, it was just a drawn out collapse. In many ways, a real German East Front experience.

Sean played a great game, had a good plan and the rolls to go with it. I would setup a little different next time.....but I did learn it is very difficult to hold the town against an aggressive opponent with plenty of Riders backed up by 3 FT tanks.....

0-1 and Sean is back in the lead in our never ending duel for ASL bragging rights (2-1).

Sean Deller

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Many middle fingers were pointed at my troops and those were the mildest of insults hurled.
There was some "mooning" as well (which is a tricky gesture on a moving tank!).

My HIP AT gun showed up in an excellent position behind the armor
It was an excellent position (I still can't believe I forgot to check that hex).

Great scenario against one of my favorite opponents. Looking forward to the next one!