MwTII 5 Glåmarous

Bigkayeh

Court Jester of absurdity
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For review and please give feedback to the author and do your own playtesting to help him make it better.

MwTII 5 Glåmarous Grayston Ulery

sswann

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Steven
Country
llUnited States
MwTII 5 GLAMAROUS
First… this was the action (RR bridge) that I would have chosen for a scenario if I had submitted. So, keep on designing.

My apologies, but the OoB seems WAY off! Specially the Norwegian side. In the 1930s and early 1940s, artillery crews were not given infantry training. A small number of 4-5-7 MMC would be understandable but the 4-5-8 squads should not be there at all,{coming into play only by HOB}. The majority squad type should have been Green 4-3-7 squads. Since they are artillery men, they would know about MGs so you could SSR the ‘Inexperienced Use’ penalties out of the scenario.

I would have relaxed the Norwegian set up and let them use lots of HIP to counteract the poor squad quality (above). This would not be far out of bounds as the German invaders did not really expect much resistance and were surprised by the amount of resistance they did run into.

The German OoB also seem a bit strong for the action depicted. From what I read, this was a side action and would not have a large force committed to a action that was far away from the main line.

James Taylor

I love women with brains
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My comments:

-Could have balance issues; Need clarification of FP projection VC. Unfortunate about the overlays.

The balance issues... I think it may be tough on the Germans. I'm not that sure of this assessment... it would take a playing to understand better.

Clarification on FP: Do you double FP for point blank? Triple it for TPBF? I just think you want more on this so that you won't have questions from players.

My comment about the overlays... has to do with the way they lay on the boards... kinda of clunky. There could end up being some questions on LOS, etc. due to that. Something more seamless would be desirable.

This scenario was #6 to me... so it almost made the cut as far as I was concerned. I could see some PTing generating an interesting and fun situation.

JT

King Billy

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Have to agree with Steve on this, 458s are to much for the Norwegiens. otherwise does not look bad at all.

Bill

MrP

Reaction score
Country
llNew Zealand
No judges comments for mine?
They're coming! I'm just getting limited comp time (and most of it on the wrong one....) edit : comments below

DR - #5 Glamarous - Either this guy can't spell or he's trying to get cute with the title. Guess which? A nice looking OoB, two full and two half boards make for a slightly expanded playing area. Looks simple, easy to understand. Don't know
exactly why but this one just said "Play me" when I looked at it. I think I will.

IP - #5 Tough on Germans again? Decent bds and setups – I just wrote “LIKE” on the card.

TJ - Looks pro German in light of frozen river. One needs to ask if the
designer was aware. Lottsa acreage for not that many counters.

BB - MwTII 5: Glamorous – I’m just not inspired when I look at this 4 board scenario with 7 turns to make sure that I keep fire from the bridge or occupying two buildings. Which do you think most players will choose? I’m thinking building occupation.

TR - SSR1 - very nice catch about the river being frigid, not frozen. The designer of MwTII 3 should have used that. Like the map very much, especially the railroad bridge. Unfortunately, I don't see how the Germans can win here. They have to cross over a bridge, and the only smoke-making capability is the OBA, a dicy proposition at best. With only 7 turns and severely funneled by the bridges, against 4 HMG's and 70mm OBA, I don't see the Germans making it. Strangely, if the river was frozen, that'd give them a bit more of a chance, just by swarming squads over the river. It'd be a turkey shoot, but perhaps some would make it. Give the Germans a 9-2 and another MMG, let them start on bd 39 where they could prep fire on turn 1, and it might be closer. OTOH, if the Norwegian OBA doesn't come down... I guess it'd be much closer, but all that does is spelly "dicy" to me.

SL - like the railroad bridge idea, even if it seems a bit ponderous. Not too sure how you overcome 4 HMGs protected by OBA however - especially as you'll have no idea where anything is. If I look too closely, this one would probably drop down a peg.

JT - Could have balance issues; Need clarification of FP projection VC. Unfortunate about the overlays

Last edited: