Music: what are you Listening to now?

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Yothu Yindi did "Treaty", then proceeded to go a govt funded tour of the world where they managed to slag off the the majority of the population, the govt, and Australia in general.

boycotted them ever since :)

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Repo Man Soundtrack
Angry Samoans - Angry Samoans
Circle Jerks - Group Sex

Thanks for the nice B-Day present, Matt Romey!

Next up, more B-Day goodies like the new Flaming Lips, a compilation of The Melvins, Tom Waits-Alice, and a couple of miscellaneous disks.

Semper Fi!
Scott

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well - on the way to the rink ... I tuned in the local hard rock station -and they were playing 'Who Made Who' - by Akka Dakka - of course ....

and while getting dressed in my gear - they played 'Touch too Much' off the Highway to Hell Album - also by Akka ...

so natuarally I scored 2 goals -- one a break away one on none - that I blistered (apparently) through the goalie -- I never saw it go in - but I did see the guy sweep it out of the net like so much dog poop - on the negative side -if we were playing with a ref I would have got a hooking penalty as I was trying to stick check this guy from behind and he did a turn and I didn't- and he wiped out ... I guess I was a little stronger than most guys...

I never lose battles on the boards either... I generally come up with the puck. :D

Last edited:

Ivan Rapkinov

Harpoon Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Matisyahu - King with no Crown
Johnny Boy - You Are the Generation Who Bought More Shoes and You Get What You Deserve

driving 6 freaking hours with low rotation radio station as my only friend = songs stuck in head :mad:

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
King Scott said:
Repo Man Soundtrack
Angry Samoans - Angry Samoans
Circle Jerks - Group Sex

Thanks for the nice B-Day present, Matt Romey!

Semper Fi!
Scott
No problem. The Angry Samoans album is called "Back From Samoa". The most offensive record I've ever loved.

Scott was playing The Descendents at his B-day party last Saturday. That got me to dig those LPs up and digitize them. "Bonus Fat" and "Milo Goes To College." Fast, furious and hilarious! "Bonus Fat" is also notable for having, not one, but TWO songs under 15 seconds.

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Boonierat said:
The Pipettes - Your Kisses Are Wasted On Me

Hey Boonie!

While I don't know anything about their vocal qualities, there's definitely something to be said for their looks :devil:

Been yesterday to see The Wedding Present on tour here in Lyon. Man, they still have lots of punch for a band from my college years. A non-stop two-hours set at full speed and full volume, with many songs from Bizarro :smoke:

They're in Grenoble (well, Bourgoin-Jallieu) this Saturday (the 20th). If you can, go see them, you won't be disappointed. As a bonus, there was Mark Burgess (remember The Chameleons?) as opening artist.

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
nemo said:
Hey Boonie!

While I don't know anything about their vocal qualities, there's definitely something to be said for their looks :devil:
Well if you wanna see them sing theres a video online at lesinrocks.com that you might enjoy, if you like Phil Spector-esque kind of 60s pop that is ;)

nemo said:
Been yesterday to see The Wedding Present on tour here in Lyon. Man, they still have lots of punch for a band from my college years. A non-stop two-hours set at full speed and full volume, with many songs from Bizarro :smoke:
Yeah the Wedding were cool, haven't listen much of their new material, although Bernard Lenoir is still a great fan and programs them regularly.

nemo said:
They're in Grenoble (well, Bourgoin-Jallieu) this Saturday (the 20th). If you can, go see them, you won't be disappointed. As a bonus, there was Mark Burgess (remember The Chameleons?) as opening artist.
Hmm Mark Burgess...I know a Tim Burgess from The Charlatans...although The Chameleons do ring a bell, weren't they a band from Manchester too?

nemo

-. . -- ---
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Boonierat said:
Hmm Mark Burgess...I know a Tim Burgess from The Charlatans...although The Chameleons do ring a bell, weren't they a band from Manchester too?
Yeah. Second Skin certainly sounds familiar doesn't it?

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tenacious D.

Side note...Nacho Libre looks funny, especially since I've been a fan (and frequent attendee) of the Lucha Libre scene in Orange County for some time...gotta love "ghetto wrestling"! :nuts: Where else would a white-boy learn a spanish phrase like "Matta lo!!!" ("Kill him!!!")

Semper Fi!
Scott

aysi$

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Got the

Saints second album Eternally yours...greatest oz album ever

blasting away...to be followed by

Radio Birdman's Radios appear...greatest oz album ever..ah i said that
Joy Divisions Unknown pleasures
and then
Lou Reeds Transformer

would like to listen to some new stuff but all the stuff they are playing on the radio sounds like this stuff but much much worse.

any good new music out there?

Boonierat

Biệt Ðộng Quân
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
If you want a good radio try BBC 6 music, playing all the indie new stuff out there as well as old punk/rock/pop classics, you can listen to it online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/, I warmly recommend Steve Lamacq's daily shows :smoke:

To give you an idea of the programation, here's the tracklisting of Lamacq's latest show:

Beck - Sexx Laws (16:00)

Snow Patrol - Hands Open (16:03)

Little Man Tate - What? What You Got? (16:07)

Orbital / Naomi Bedford - Funny Break (One Is Enough) (16:11)

Dexys Midnight Runners - Seven Days Too Long (16:16)

Mojave 3 - Breaking The Ice (16:21)

Audioweb - Jah Love (16:25)

R.E.M. - Don't Go Back To Rockville (16:33)

Graham Coxon - You & I (16:38)

The Fall - Eat Y'self Fitter (16:42)

Cathy Davey - Come Over (16:46)

The Smiths - Bigmouth Strikes Again (16:54)

Ween - Spirit Of '76 (16:57)

Elvis Costello / Attractions - High Fidelity (17:02)

Primal Scream - Country Girl (17:04)

You Say Party! We Way Die! - The Gap (Between The Rich And The Poor) (17:09)

Warren G - Regulate (17:13)

Every Move A Picture - Signs Of Life (17:18)

The Who - Pinball Wizard (17:23)

Spinto Band - Did I Tell You (17:27)

Iggy Pop - Lust For Life (17:34)

Hope Of The States - Sing It Out (17:39)

Xerox Teens - My Favourite Hat (17:53)

Morcheeba - Shoulder Holster (17:57)

Ian Dury / Blockheads - Hit Me With Your Rythm Stick (18:01)

Camera Obscura - Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken (18:05)

The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work (18:10)

Moby - Run On (18:16)

Depeche Mode - John The Revelator (18:19)

The Scare - Cry Junkie [Out Of Luck Son] (Clean Version) (18:23)

Beastie Boys - You Gotta Fight For Your Right (To Party) (18:26)

The Sundays - Here's Where The Story Ends (18:33)

Keane - Is It Any Wonder? (18:37)

The Pixies - Here Comes Your Man (18:41)

The Divine Comedy - Diva Lady (18:45)

Dillinger - Cocaine In My Brain (18:55)

Last edited:

King Scott

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Boonierat said:
If you want a good radio try BBC 6 music, playing all the indie new stuff out there as well as old punk/rock/pop classics, you can listen to it online at http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/, I warmly recommend Steve Lamacq's daily shows :smoke:
Another good radio show is "Jonesey's Jukebox" on Indie 103 out of Los Angeles here...hosted by Steve Jones of Sex Pistols fame...I know that it is accesible on-line, but I don't know the web-addy at the moment. Google "indie 103" or "Y103" or "indie Y103"...I'll try to confirm the address in the next day or so.

Jonesey plays a *wide* variety of music...current alt.rock, glam, early punk, early '60's Britt-Pop, regae...you never know what you are gonna get next. In addition, he has some of the greatest rock-stories I've ever heard...one of my favorites was his breaking into the equipment van for Roxy Music and stealing some of their equipment and one of their gold records! :laugh:

Semper Fi!
Scott

aysi$

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Got the latest album by Calexico yesterday and its a beauty one of their best.also picked up the latest Aztec reissue of OZ rock classics from the 70s,Total Union from Band of Light...spaced out heavy rock boogie and 12 bar fantastic.anyone interested in 70 oz rock should check out Aztecs site more and more old hard to get albums getting the quality reissue treatment every month.At least check out the mighty Buffalo

Steph

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Just listened to 'I've got a woman' and 'Hit the road Jack' by Ray Charles - i watched the film recently so i borrowed the soundtrack off my grandad. :) Now listening to 'Maneater' - Nelly Furtado, 'Three Flights Down' - Yellowcard next. Both awesome songs - especially Three Flights Down, but i'm a YC fan so i'm a little biased. :p