Music: what are you Listening to now?

Patrocles

Reaction score
the joy if MP3 players...tons of tunes for listening enjoyment

currently spending time with...
Kraftwerk
Iron Savior
Runaways
The Stalk-Forrest Group - this is a MUST HAVE FOR Blue Oyster Cult fans, it is the first incarnation of B.O.C. iirc from ~1970
British Seapower
Mahler
Beethoven's 6th symphony 'pastoral' (i never tire of this piece)

Mason Jar

Reaction score
Leftie said:
Sesame Street 25th Anniversary Special Edition DVD
The Wiggles Live in Sydney
Sesame Street: Count With Me
Sesame Street: The Best of
Dora the Explorer
Don't worry your brain will come back. It will about the time your kid starts listening to some crap that you can't stand.

Hap Palmer was my favorite from when the kids were little.

"Sittin in a high chair,
big chair my chair.
Sittin in a high chair,
bang my spoon"

Right now I'm into blue grass, Alison Kraus & Nickle Creek.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
:cool: Hey Ivan -- er I got Grinsponn queued up now - you can probably hear it way down your way seeing as it is up so damned load... speaking of the Wiggles I would love to hear them do a cover of "Hard Act to Follow" :rolleyes:

Dicke Bertha

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Rudolf Buchbinder plays Schubert, Impromptus and Moments musicaux.

Teldec recordnings which I was overjoyed to find at Amazon.de at 7,50 Eur/piece - reacqainting myself with Buchbinder, I haven't heard him in ages - he plays with a very special direct and refined 'Anschlag' - almost like Gieseking!

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rockhopper said:
Toot toot chugga chugga big red car
We'll travel near and we'll travel far...

Yep, I know what you mean!

(two boys, ages 7 and 2 here)

dude! the Wiggles rule!!!

Pfc TAZ

Reaction score
First name
Tim
Country
llUnited States
Listening to Black Label Society alternating between the "Mafia" and "Sonic Brew" albums.

Wodin

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
The Electric Prunes - "Underground"

Followed by

The Guru's - "The Gurus Are Hear!"

"Incredible and genuinely stunning previously unreleased US '60's garage psych/punk album (from 1966/67) that blends driving acid punk with trippy eastern raga psych. Imagine The Monks meeting The Electric Prunes and the Orient Express! Originally advertised in Billboard and Cashbox but pulled before release, this is it's first ever official release. An amazing record that should be grabbed by any serious '60's psych collector. Definitely the reissue of 2004. Five bonus tracks are included."

This is a fantastic album.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Wodin said:
The Electric Prunes - "Underground"

Followed by

The Guru's - "The Gurus Are Hear!"

"Incredible and genuinely stunning previously unreleased US '60's garage psych/punk album (from 1966/67) that blends driving acid punk with trippy eastern raga psych. Imagine The Monks meeting The Electric Prunes and the Orient Express! Originally advertised in Billboard and Cashbox but pulled before release, this is it's first ever official release. An amazing record that should be grabbed by any serious '60's psych collector. Definitely the reissue of 2004. Five bonus tracks are included."

This is a fantastic album.
hmmm...I'm intrigued by your description of this music. I will have to search out some of their tunes.

Patrocles

Reaction score
oh, the other nice find for moi in the past couple of years has been the Yoshida Brothers. These young japanese lads play the three-stringed tsugaru-shamisen as a duo. The traditional arrangements really RAWK, but some of the 'new age' material is rather weak (IMHO). It is an odd sound and an acquired taste...I was won over when by chance I happened to catch them in a live performance (superior to the recordings, too...IMHO again)
:)

"Rock ‘n’ roll is as much about attitude as about music. Take, for instance, the Yoshida Brothers, whose instrument of choice is not the electric guitar but the shamisen. That traditional three-stringed instrument has a twangy, high-pitched sound, which instantly conjures up picture-postcard images of “the real Japan.” The Yoshida Brothers -- Ryoichiro and Kenichi -- have helped the shamisen overcome its stuffy image by updating and sometimes flouting tradition. For example, while the shamisen is normally a solo instrument or played in a group of several shamisens, the Yoshidas perform as a duo. They also dye their hair, which probably irks some traditionalists. The brothers started studying the shamisen with a teacher in their hometown of Noboribetsu, on Hokkaido, the northernmost of Japan's four main islands, at the tender age of five. By high school, they were winning national competitions and soon developed into a touring act. They eventually landed a record deal that confirmed their status as shamisen superstars. By adding elements of pop and world music as well as taking a more aggressive, rhythmic approach in their playing, the Yoshidas have made the shamisen sexy. The Yoshidas – who perform traditional material as well as their own compositions – do a great live show. Ryoichiro and Kenichi play both as a duo and in solo segments, and are sometimes backed by bass, drum, keyboards and guitar."

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Got y'all beat

I got me a "Pirated" copy from Bosnia of ALL the "CCR" hits.

I got "Three Dog Nights" Greatest Hits waiting to play next....

Then ALL the "Chicago" albums on CD.....

For entertainment, I got "Randy Newman's" 'Short People' waiting to be put to a CD.....

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Psycho1943 said:
Starship Greatest Hits
Psycho,

She's a "Shank Hottie".... How's that.

When you get your new children's SSN cards, just send me the numbers so I can claim them next year for taxes.....:shock:

Again, Congrats on being a Dad... Again and again and again....:nuts:

Psycho

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Kevin Kenneally said:
Psycho,

She's a "Shank Hottie".... How's that.

When you get your new children's SSN cards, just send me the numbers so I can claim them next year for taxes.....:shock:

Again, Congrats on being a Dad... Again and again and again....:nuts:
Thanks Kevin K

Now listening to Van Halen's Fair Warning CD

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Wait Wait Wait -- someone give Boonie a penalty for Germanifying only 'part' of a sentence.

(Stephane -if this doesn't prove my German genetics - nothing will :D) ..

Anyvayz - es ist Falsch to be usink- Deutschen Vortz in a Satz -mit out usink zem all za vay alonk.

(Or in short you get the penalty - for not spelling it Kalifornia )

Sorry, probably Ueber-technical I know - but hey wtf - it is my genetics talking -- gotta have it exactly right you know - or -well it just cannot be done ;)

Steve Trauth - er of the Zweibruecken Trauths- about 125 years removed. :D

-Oh and I reckon today's skating tunes are going to be some old Ozzy - something to get me in the proper frame of mind for sprinting and cross over practice :D

trauth116

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
By the way -- the Ozzy worked - I was positively flying (out on the rink today) -- Sydney Bears - here I come ... here's hoping they can use another Winger.