Music: what are you Listening to now?

holdit

Reaction score
Country
llIreland
Alternative drummer for that number...

(This girl does some amazing covers...always does a 100% faithful version. Ian Paice even gave her excellent parks for her version of "Burn".)

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Alternative drummer for that number...

(This girl does some amazing covers...always does a 100% faithful version. Ian Paice even gave her excellent parks for her version of "Burn".)

Yeah I've been watching Sina's covers for several years now.

Regarding "Burn"...here is another young lady who crushes her cover of it...and Ian Paice gave her mega-props for it as well. I may have posted this before so my apologies if so.

Actionjick

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Darryl
Country
llUnited States
Some Zappa.

The Orange County Lumber Truck ( off of Weasals Ripped My Flesh )

San Ber'dino from One Size Fits All

Lol Lou Reed is apparently criticizing other musicians and called Frank two bit and pretentious. Whatever. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. All I know is I started listening to Frank in 1975. Not the biggest fan of his stuff from the '80s but the 60s and 70s I just love and listen to every day at work.

Lou? Not very often. Lol hardly ever. To each his own horse.😉

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just listened to this:
Still think it’s great. The actor kids must have had fun with their way over the top performance. The kid in class taking a test, the burger flipper, the janitor, the girl in her room, the guy eating diner with his parents, the dishwasher, the quarterback, they all try to outdo each other with their angst as they sing along, hysterical. We’ve all been there, lol, hopefully sans meltdown. Personally, I give first place outstanding performance to burger flipper guy.
Btw, the song doesn’t really need a video because Its solid enough as it is. It’s a well performed song with a great video.

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just listened to this:
Still think it’s great. The actor kids must have had fun with their way over the top performance. The kid in class taking a test, the burger flipper, the janitor, the girl in her room, the guy eating diner with his parents, the dishwasher, the quarterback, they all try to outdo each other with their angst as they sing along, hysterical. We’ve all been there, lol, hopefully sans meltdown. Personally, I give first place outstanding performance to burger flipper guy.
Btw, the song doesn’t really need a video because Its solid enough as it is. It’s a well performed song with a great video.
Best cover

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

Heavy, a favorite cover of a favorite song. Take the classic Seals and Crofts 70s song, slow the speed down, turn the flanger up, and drop it two octaves, lol, love it.

Last edited:

Wayne

Doing Plenty, Kinda Slow
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States

[This group Sabaton has quite the library of war-story rock music videos. One playlist shows 25 titles. This is just one]

======= "40:1" SONG STORY =======

The battle of Wizna (7th-10th of September 1939). 720 Polish infantrymen, commanded by Władysław Raginis, defended a small fortified line near the village of Wizna against more than 40’000 German soldiers while being under a heavy artillery barrage.

Last edited:

volgaG68

Fighting WWII One DR At A Time
Reaction score
First name
Chris
Country
llUnited States

My favorite song of George's. Best line ever....."she's put together like an Austin-Healy chassis with a tan".

Last edited: