Music: what are you Listening to now?

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ nice...what a woman. Years ago they played at the French Embassy and I ended up at the same table with Stella at the VIP reception afterward and we sort of hit it off and had dinner together later. Shame it didn't go any further than that hahah. What a woman...

np here...

'made loud to be played loud' Hell yeah...

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ and back at you. 2020 sure couldn't get here quick enough man.

celebrating the New Year with the perfect cure for a hangover... by knocking ... there goes our wedding portrait... anything not bolted down off the walls..

Thaliff

Reaction score
First name
Tom
Country
llUnited States
A clip I recorded in 2012 at the Bridgeport Harboryard Arena, I managed to score 3rd row on Geddy's side. To say this is a sad time for me musically is truly an understatement, I took drum lessons because of Neil and eventually fell in love with the bass because of Geddy. They are part of the soundtrack of my life and the reason why I am a musician. I have seen them on every tour since Hold Your Fire, even when they hit CT twice in one year, I and my friends went.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since we just lost a great one...I've been going back and watching drummer videos. Here is Ian Paice of Deep Purple from 1972.

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Yep...

Still with us...

Saw him with Ozzy and Randy Rhoads in FL back in the 80´s.

Red

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
that was a shame about Peart... always thought he was a tad bit overrated as a drummer (very one dimenional) but he had my immense respect as a person and surviving a double tragedy that might have destroyed many. I don't think I could have overcome such losses myself.

going with the still us theme though.. the last surviving member of next to Clapton, Baker, and Bruce perhaps the most talented group to ever grace rock.

behind Baker, and Moon as greatest rock drummers ever.. combines the sheer talent of Ginger Baker and the mad creativity of Moon

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Really like what came out of the Canterbury scene. They never got the recognition they deserved.

Red

Last edited:

yams69

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Have been obsessively listening to "The Battle on the Ice" from Alexander Nevsky. Really like the rerecorded score by Temirkanov and the St. Petersburg Philharmonic much better than the cantata version I was acquainted with.

JimWhite

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Here's one from Neil Peart (RIP) that I had never seen until tonight...simply awesome.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
listening to at max volume and another nod to greatest still living drummers.. perhaps the most famous drum solo in rock music... and 2nd perhaps in recorded music only to Joe Morello's Take Five. His later 70's work after he left Santana was amazing but still this one set the bar for drum solos...