Music: what are you Listening to now?

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
One might as well pack it up and go. Todays kids, oh my!!

Red

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
one of my great musical passions.. early Fleetwood Mac. Bob Welch (RIP) really was one of the great underrated musicians of the 70's. Thank him for helping the group survive until Buckingham and Nicks made them what they became. I'll take those early albums over the more known version of the Mac any day.. and yeah man.. twice on Sundays..

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Which brings me to one of my fav guitarist and album :)

I was about five then...

Red

Last edited:

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
^ nice.. his tone was 2nd only to Duane Allman's as the best ever.

however while Peter Green was great.. I am more of a Danny Kirwan guy...

my favorite.. from my favorite by them.. he is unmistakable. Much like Clapton.. you know the player by his tone.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Okay, if we're going to talk about Peter Green, I submit this. Check out that guitar solo at 2:50m.

"The night is so black that the darkness cooks." Man, that's how you write lyrics.

It's crazy that people think this is a Judas Priest song, because they've never heard the original. The Green Manalishi was way ahead of its time for when it came out. I don't think people knew what to do with it back then, because it definitely had a very dark, subversive rock vibe that wasn't common at that time.

By the way, there's a much higher quality version of this same performance on iTunes. Sounds wicked on a nice audio system.

Last edited:

Red2112

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
Played alot when I was younger, was into prog rock so a big fan of Rush, hence my alias (red barchetta/2112). As years went by i got more into easier music and blues came in along with alot of the older classics. Iam a sponge when it comes to music, so I hear a song and then say "whats next". Personally it´s a bummer cuz I burn a band out to easy (like Black Sabbath when I was a teen), which brought me to all the classics, and why they were/are good. Got a bunch of old vinyls that I still havent heard, mostly from the 70-80´s. I usually pick em up on flea markets and such, same as my Sansui AU555 from 1973. You have to pair up vinyls with the time frame gear to really have a flashback :D

Not to many new bands catch my interest but there´s always one or two that I turn my ear to...

Red/Mike

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, if we're going to talk about Peter Green, I submit this. Check out that guitar solo at 2:50m.

"The night is so black that the darkness cooks." Man, that's how you write lyrics.

It's crazy that people think this is a Judas Priest song, because they've never heard the original. The Green Manalishi was way ahead of its time for when it came out. I don't think people knew what to do with it back then, because it definitely had a very dark, subversive rock vibe that wasn't common at that time.

By the way, there's a much higher quality version of this same performance on iTunes. Sounds wicked on a nice audio system.

best version I've heard of it is off the Boston Tea Party live album.. great song in fact that is right with Live at Leeds and At the Fillmore East for greatest live rock albums ever recorded..

the Fleetwood Mac thread detour would be remiss without mentioning the 3rd head of that guitar monster of a band... and one of the unsung heroes of why the group was the gold standard of all groups when it comes to the VH1 Behind the Music kind of shit.... I mean there has no been no been with half the history and war stories that band has... anyhow one of my favorite ipod sing along songs and was the first song I learned when learning to play slide. I had to work my way to Duane Allman but of course it goes back to Elmore James...

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
best version I've heard of it is off the Boston Tea Party live album.. great song in fact that is right with Live at Leeds and At the Fillmore East for greatest live rock albums ever recorded..
I stand corrected, this is the version I have. Great stuff.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I stand corrected, this is the version I have. Great stuff.
do you have those albums... a set of 3.. if not you should get them. A guitar driven wet dream of a live set.. only topped by the Fillmore East album IMO.. my favorite.. not surprising a Kirwan one

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
yeah Brian... a real piece of Americana we lost there.

Now spinning and smoking and tripping to a absolute beast of a song and album

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
hah.. Les is a freak.. now if you want to talk cool.. in the way only bassists truly can be.. there is only one.

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
"From the CD given to freshmen in 2010 to help us learn the traditions songs. The Night Owls own the recording, not me! "

Last edited: