Music: what are you Listening to now?

sarfs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Every once in a while I go off-script and listen to some of the lesser played stuff in my iTunes collection. Too bad most of Danzig's stuff is punk, as if they had done more stuff like this I would have bought it.

[video=youtube;8Gw5pyjBYmQ]
Not a good sign when the King can't post a video.

That's messed up! It shows up in the quote.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
...and the monkeeeeys all in the zoo. Everyday you meet quite a few. So you see it's all up to you. You could be better than you are...

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Every once in awhile a song comes from the great beyond: Angel from Montgomery. Here's a good version

And another

One more

Last edited:

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
this song just saved my life, lol, it's a long story. Notice the white ceiling.

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Chris Stapleton's 'Traveler ' album. New 'old school' country. I was motivated to buy this after hearing one of the songs during the closing credits of 'Hell or High Water'.

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For those who want to rock Christmas and don't know who Gary Hoey is:

Mora Kelsie

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
my neighbor playing drums to Don't Cry ... he or she is good, but I am trying to have a peaceful afternoon and will be working the night shift later :( =

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
my neighbor playing drums to Don't Cry ... he or she is good, but I am trying to have a peaceful afternoon and will be working the night shift later :( =
My neighbours came to my house last week at 2am in the morning.....banging on the front door and windows they were and screaming like banshees outside.

Luckily for me I was playing my drums at the time.....

bendizoid

Official ***** Dickweed
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
There is a drum kit in my kitchen, I like the brushes. It seems better not to count and just go with the flow. We play wipe out a lot, lol.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This girl!!!!!

Neal Peart - look out, you've been reincarnated as a (now 17) year old master of the triple-set!!

This kid is pretty damn cool to watch - several drum-free tracks of her performances are out on youtube - and she opened recently for a classics of heavy metal act in Las Vegas as a sit in drummer - waaayyy cool.

Listen in, you're gonna enjoy the 10 minutes or so of watching her own the drums :D

Martin Mayers

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gulagwanker
Country
llUkraine
This girl!!!!!

Neal Peart - look out, you've been reincarnated as a (now 17) year old master of the triple-set!!

This kid is pretty damn cool to watch - several drum-free tracks of her performances are out on youtube - and she opened recently for a classics of heavy metal act in Las Vegas as a sit in drummer - waaayyy cool.

Listen in, you're gonna enjoy the 10 minutes or so of watching her own the drums :D
She's fantastic.

I hate this You Tube freakery though. Drummers playing to drumless tracks and posting videos on Youtube just for the positive feedback. Strikes me as egotism of an almost astonishing level although I'm not levelling that at her (although her advisors probably know EXACTLY what they are doing with her...pfff).

I also hope the sponsors, and musical PR people don't get to grips with her as she gets beyond her teens and turn her akin to the myriad of female drummers out there these days...."wear some sexier gear when you're drumming"...."smile at the camera when you're playing".....I absolutely abhor this trend in female drumming. It's like, "hey look guys, here's a sexy drummer" rather than "hey, here's a fantastic drummer".

Keep your head down kid....just play....and enjoy.

witchbottles

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1976: David Soul

The man has an incredible range of voice. Perhaps one of the most characteristic tags of his singing is the ability to transition into higher octaves at a new key in mid-verse. Impressive. I only know of a few singers capable of that, and they are well-known opera troubadours.

He made four albums, each is an impressive work of lyrical talent.