Multiple MGs in same hex. A few questions...............

dirtydeeds

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, playing through S5 Clearing Colleville. Have both American MMGs in U6 and shooting at P6. I have a few questions, ( I am playing solo).

1. I have 3 MMCs in the hex, 2 MMG and a 9-1 leader. I believe this is legal with the stacking limit correct?

2. My first attack was during the DFPh. My DR was colored 2 and white 1. Result was 3MC. I broke all the germans in P6. Since my ROF die was 2, I assumed both MMGs got to shoot again, is this correct?

3. My second DR was 1,3. Colored die was 1 so ROF was kept. Result was 1MC. Both squads failed and were casualty reduced and at the same time ELR was exceeded so both were degraded to 2nd line half squads. Is this correct?

4. My dice were hot, for my second ROF DR I got a 2 for another 1MC. Both German squads failed, resulting in the elimination of both squads in the P6 hex.

Did I play this out correctly?

WuWei

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Tobias
Country
llGermany
Rules wise, this seems correct.
But know that experienced ASL players usually try to avoid stacking (putting more than one MMC into one location). You don't want to lose more than one MMC to a good attack.

dirtydeeds

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
But know that experienced ASL players usually try to avoid stacking (putting more than one MMC into one location). You don't want to lose more than one MMC to a good attack.
It was to create a kill stack to penetrate the German defenses, a risky move but needed to cover the other Americans assaulting and I needed the German stack protecting the W part of town to crumble if possible.

#3 - already broken units do not fail ELR.
Cool. Did not know this as the rules in ASLSK are spread all over hell but Im sure it says it somewhere in there.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It is indeed in the ELR section.Although it does not specify that a broken unit does not ELR it specifies the unit has to be unbroken.
5.1 Experience Level Rating (ELR): Each force in each scenario will be given a specific number of leaders, SW and Elite, Line, 2nd Line, Green, or Conscript squads or HS. However, during the course of play, leaders and MMC are subject to possible replacement by poorer quality units. Each OB will list an ELR for that group of Units. This number represents the maximum amount by which an unbroken unit may fail any MC (after modification) without being replaced by a lower quality unit. Should a unit that cannot be replaced by a lower quality unit fail a MC by more than its ELR, it suffers no additional penalty.

If an unbroken unit fails a MC by more than its ELR, it is immediately replaced by a broken unit of the same size but one step lower in quality as per the nationality chart on page 28. Crews and MMC with underlined morale are not subject to ELR.