Multiple Hits

PT109

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Assume a small gun gets multiple hits...the first TH is a CH, the TK roll...which also is the 2nd TH, is a 12, so the effect for the first roll is a dud, but is it also a Gun Malfunction since the 2nd TH is a 12?

Thanks....PT109

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PT109 said:
Assume a small gun gets multiple hits...the first TH is a CH, the TK roll...which also is the 2nd TH, is a 12, so the effect for the first roll is a dud, but is it also a Gun Malfunction since the 2nd TH is a 12?
Multiple hits happen when non-CH doubles are rolled for the TH DR. There is still on one TH DR (although the first TK DR is used to determine the location of the second hit). So, if you roll a CH there is one TK DR with the basic TK# doubled previous to armor adjustment. If you roll multiple hits you roll for two TKs. the first TK DR is a Hull Hit, the second is a hull or turret hit depending on what the first TK DR was. If you rolled a 12 on the first TK DR, that hit is a Dud and the second hit is a Hull hit (although because the original TH DR was a CH, there is no multiple hits).

PT109

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Multiople Hits

Brian,

Huh? Now I'm more confused than before... :p

Forget the Critical hit...just assume a multiple hit gun scores doubles on the first hit roll, so that is a multiple hit. Now the TK roll for that shot is also the TH for the second shot, correct? Lets assume you rolled a 12 for the TK, my question is...is the TK roll of 12 (or a dud) also a Gun Malfunction for that second shot?

Maybe I didn't explain my question right earlier...I know the mechanics of TH, TK but just wasn't sure if the second hit could be a Gun Malf also.

PT109

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Re: Multiople Hits

PT109 said:
Forget the Critical hit...just assume a multiple hit gun scores doubles on the first hit roll, so that is a multiple hit. Now the TK roll for that shot is also the TH for the second shot, correct?
No. The first TK DR is used to determine the hit location of the second hit. There is no second TH DR.

PT109 said:
Lets assume you rolled a 12 for the TK, my question is...is the TK roll of 12 (or a dud) also a Gun Malfunction for that second shot?
No, it means that the first hit is a Dud and the second hit is a hull hit. You then roll a second TK DR for the second hit.

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rolling a 12 on the TO KILL is never a malfunction of the gun (it denotes a DUD (if firing AP ammunition)