Multiplayer Panzerblitz

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have six showing in June for play of Panzerblitz. Any thoughts or ideas on what we should play?

I have one grognard who is modifying an old Kursk variant on a special map though I am not sure I can support the counter mix requirements. Another thought I had was to play three related scenarios (or maybe all three matches using the same scenario?) at the same time and the champion team being two wins of the three.

Any other thoughts? Any clever ideas on what to try with six players?

Ryan

Ryan

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yesterday six showed for play of Panzerblitz. We played a 1974 Jagdpanther magazine provided uber scenario on Kursk with a special large map and tons of troops. It took five Panzerblitz sets to get all the counters needed. Lots of carnage and wrecks as Panthers and Mk IVs traded blows with T-34's and SU-85s at close range. The game is still a contender after all these years even though panzerbush was in evidence and trucks were sent on suicide spotting and blocking missions. We just accepted these as part of the game and it was nothing to get too hung up on.

The game, despite its extra large size, moved along briskly getting in 6.5 turns in six hours. We ended just as my defending left flank force was about to be crushed by a methodical and diabolical German while the center and right traded equally heavy blows in board middle. My thanks to all who showed yesterday - it was a super fun day for me. A very special thanks to Brian M. for setting up the scenario and recreating the map in full color.