Multiplayer Issues

McGlu

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is there a router config or port forward that the ProSim games rely on for Internet multiplayer?

If I try to create a game on the AATF Arena servers, I just get "Awaiting a Response" and then nothing happens. If I try to connect to my buddy's game (which hosting on his end says the same thing) AATF just locks up. Have to end task. Is the Arena server actually working? I see other games listed in there that haven't changed in a while.

We've also tried this with BGC EP1 and the latest Free Baghdad game. No dice.

We're remote from one another, so LAN is not an option. Even though we both run Hamachi, there's no way to specify an IP for the host, so that doesn't appear to be an option either.

Is any else having issues with MP? What are we missing?

Thanks.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
If you are behind a router, you can try using the directPlay TCP/IP option or the IPX option. For TCP/IP, you have to know your ROUTER's IP address. For IPX play, if you have that protocol installed on both computers, you can just start and name a game with the server's computer and find it with the opponent's computer.

I am not aware of any setting that allows you to connect using the AATF Arena with a router.

McGlu

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the quick reply, Pat.

I don't see an option for direct TCP/IP connect. The only two options I have are Arena connect and local LAN.

How do I go about using the directPlay TCP/IP option? We are trying to play each other over the Internet.

If you connect to the Arena server, you'll see the two games that we attempted to play last night still listed there. One is named McGlu and the other dmcglu. Also, all of the other games that we saw listed last night are still there. Which makes me think that the Arena server is not working.

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The sever uses "Create a Game" from the Multiplayer Menu. The Client uses "Join a Game." The DirectPlay interface will then let you pick which kind of game to create/join.

I will check the Arena as soon as I get my programing computer back (it is still in a CONNEX on its way to my location in Iraq). Sorry for the troubles.

McGlu

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
No problem, I completely understand. I can still play against the AI for the time being. Will keep watch for any further info after you can take a look at the server.

Thanks again.