Multi-unit FGs and IFE

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi Gang

Think I found something contradicting in the rulebook that I would like to get straightened out.
C2.29 states about IFE:
"...may not form/participate-in a multi-unit FG [EXC: as per D6.64],..."
D6.64 states:
"The only vehicles (as opposed to Passengers/Riders) that may be part of a multi-unit FG are Carriers/armored halftracks, each of which must be CE and using its vehicular-mounted non-ordnance weapon(s) [EXC: FT, IFE]"

My question is thusly, may or may not IFE weapons participate in multi-unit FGs ?

Peter Rogneholt

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Commissar Piotr said:
Hi Gang

Think I found something contradicting in the rulebook that I would like to get straightened out.
C2.29 states about IFE:
"...may not form/participate-in a multi-unit FG [EXC: as per D6.64],..."
D6.64 states:
"The only vehicles (as opposed to Passengers/Riders) that may be part of a multi-unit FG are Carriers/armored halftracks, each of which must be CE and using its vehicular-mounted non-ordnance weapon(s) [EXC: FT, IFE]"

My question is thusly, may or may not IFE weapons participate in multi-unit FGs ?

Peter Rogneholt
Because it says so? The only vehicles that can for FG are HT with an exception for HT that have IFE, which cannot form FG. You cannot form a FG with a FT either.

Seems pretty clear in the rule you quoted?

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Hi Jazz

The contradiction I see is that C2.29 do not allow IFE in FGs with anexception reffering to D6.64 but it is still about IFE.
In D6.64 there is no instance that IFE may be added to a multi-unit FG and so I wonder why there is a exception in C2.29.
It might be a typo, or there ight be something missing, but there is no errata on this.
See what I mean ?

Peter Rogneholt

Jazz

Inactive
Reaction score
Country
llLithuania
Commissar Piotr said:
Hi Jazz

The contradiction I see is that C2.29 do not allow IFE in FGs with anexception reffering to D6.64 but it is still about IFE.
In D6.64 there is no instance that IFE may be added to a multi-unit FG and so I wonder why there is a exception in C2.29.
It might be a typo, or there ight be something missing, but there is no errata on this.
See what I mean ?

Peter Rogneholt
Hey Peter,

They state that IFE cannot be added to a FG.

They then go on to state that the only vehicles that can add to a FG are HT with the exception of IFE.

I doubt if it is a typo. It is probably someone trying to be very complete, legalistic and anal-retentive about making sure that there are no holes. And there are none.

There is such a thing as spending too long poring over the rules....I've done it. You start playing tricks on yourself. I remember once that I was POSITIVE that mortars fired full firepower (instead of half firepower) at AFVs.....

Don't make it harder than it has to be.

Jazz

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
I think Peter's point is that the exception in C2.29 is spurious. D6.64 does not provide an exception to the principle laid down in C2.29 that IFE cannot FG.

Guess it's just one of those things that gets past the proofers...

Commissar Piotr

War Pig
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Thanks Chris

I do not know what spurious means but I can figure out that it is the exact word to use to clarify what I meant.

Peter Rogneholt