Multi-location hex and sniper

Victor

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Is it correct that once a hex is determined for an active sniper, TEM is ignored for the determination of attack within a multilocation hex. Some examples. Rooftop vs. IN building, IN Pillbox vs. outside PB, IN foxhole vs. outside foxhole.
Thanks!
Victor

csosus

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm using the 1st edition rulebook. So according to A14.2, after the target hex is determined the Sniper player chooses which location to effect. Quote from the RB: "...If the new target hex contains > than one location occupied by an eligible (14.22) enemy unit(s), the Sniper player selects which of those locations to attack" So the way I see it, for example, if a target hex has eligible units in a bldg AND units in a cellar or roof location, the Sniper player selects WHICH location to effect, not all three.
Hope this helps. Cory

Hubbs5

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have Rulebook v2 and it states:

"If that new target hex contains > one location occupied by an eligible enemy unit(s), the Sniper player player selects which of those Locations to attack." A 14.2

The only time TEM is used is when the new Sniper counter hex contains no eligble targets and his closest eligble targets are equidistant away. Then the hex with the lowest TEM is used, but once a hex is chosen with an eligble target it is completely up to the Sniper player to chose which Location to attack. A 14.21

Hope this helps.