Mud EC/Weather

Georgii2222

Really Groovy Frood
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The St. Louis ASL tourney was this past weekend.

In round one, a scenario from the Winnepeg ASL group was one of the selections.

In the SSRs, it says 'EC are mud'. No one could seem to figure out exactly what this meant, and what rules to apply. Mud 'weather' would entail all of the penalties of the Chapter E mud rules, along with the additional mud secret bog DR spelled out in chapter D, but I could find no rules relating to mud EC.

It seems to me that Mud EC have no effect on play other than flame/blaze spread, and the Mud weather rules would not apply.

The ruling was that we were to play as though the WEATHER was mud, but we still don't understand what the deal was with mud EC. Any help?

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Georgii2222 said:
In the SSRs, it says 'EC are mud'. No one could seem to figure out exactly what this meant, and what rules to apply.
The Mud EC are found in B25.5.

Georgii2222 said:
The ruling was that we were to play as though the WEATHER was mud, but we still don't understand what the deal was with mud EC. Any help?
The correct rule to apply is B25.5. E3.6 refers to Weather, which is not the same thing.

I'm not sure about the SSR's intention. Perhaps they wanted it to be wetter than wet for Kindling purposes? ...

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

ds

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think what you're asking is covered in the first paragraph of E3?

...an EC result of "Snow" or "Mud" does not activate those respective weather rules if the Temperate Weather Chart result/SSR listing (or non-listing) is Clear - only their EC DRM/drm applies...