MP04 BLeeding the First

Fred Ingram

Average Player
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Last night I played “Bleeding the First” (MP04) from the Southern California ASL Club Melee Pack. My opponent Dave McLee and I had a couple of questions. Hopefully play-testers or others who have played this one can give their opinions.

1) The American player gets (2) 60mm mortars and can “buy” a third in an optional support weapon group. If the American player does select the 3rd mortar, can the 3 mortars be exchanged for an OBA module per the gun notes for the 60mm mortar?

2) SSR 2 restricts the German OBA to HE only without harassing fire. Additionally, the OBA cluster is to be resolved at full strength in the center hex only and the outer hexes are to be resolved at 1/3rd strength. No problem there. BUT: Is the center hex the only hex that would generate a hindrance if fire were traced through it or would all hexes.

Matt Romey

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
I'm posting this for Matt Cicero:

"Thanks for writing in about Bleeding....as it turns out, I designed that scenario!

1) Yes, you can exchange the 3 American mortars for OBA per the gun notes.

2) The only changes we made to the OBA rules are listed in SSR 2. Therefore, the hindrance effect applies to all 7 hexes normally. SSR 2's objective was to reduce the overwhelming impact of the 7-hex full strength OBA without losing any other effects.

I'd be very interested in how your game played...if you have a moment, send me an AAR about what forces were played and what happened."

Matt C."