mp squads?

Tiberius

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well I'm finally picking up where I left off with Mantis ages ago. I'm planning my first move in over a year and I need to know something. Do I (axis) have any units with MP squads in my army (june 41)? I seem to recall them but I can't find them now so it might be a carry over memory of DNO or Braunschweig. Those Panzer corps could really use them.

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
The Spanish security units, and the Iraqi HQ have MP squads in them. I always try to use them to take care of the stacking penalty when you have the supply units in the hexes, or Pz Corps trying to move through each other.

JAMiAM

TOAW III Project Manager
Reaction score
It would be nice if Mark would actually add some to the some of the HQ units so that they would be a little more effective and useful though...hint, hint...;)

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
SWEET! (I hate micromanaging those few units that contain them to lessen (or remove) the density penalties...)

Hmmm - I'm at work right now, so I can't check, but I know that one group of HQs (is it the Army Groups?) is more valuable, as they can ford super rivers... Perhaps add the squads to the standard HQs, to equal them out a bit? Otherwise, the one group will be substantially more valuable than the other.

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
In a game on the scale of EA, what level of MP support should each HQ have to make them useful? I don't want to add so many that the HQs become even more like combat units, but obviously they need enough to have a measurable effect. Advice?

Mark Stevens

Europe Aflame Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Country
ll
By a process of trial and error, i.e. my usual system, between 2 - 5 Military Police Squads per HQ unit give some (8 - 20%ish) traffic control capability without increasing the unit's raw combat strength.

I'll give more to the better organised armies, panzer armies, etc., and less or none to the rabble.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
That sounds pretty cool, Mark. The Panzer Armies are a good target for one of the larger sets. They (panzer formations) will also make the most use of them.