Moving Target

gusi

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I realised at our last tournament that my knowledge of the vehicle rules was less than average.
My opponent had pointed me at Ole Boe's excellent "Stop and Go Traffic " in the Annual 96 a few years ago So I decided to give that another read.

It includes a handy table with fire power modifiers and to hit cases. The tiny fonts on the Chapter D tables had defeated me years ago and I hadn't looked at it for ages but I figured I'd check my e-rule book. I was pleased to see that table made it as D3.

Ole does use the term Moving Target. I don't think that is actually defined in the rules. However as the effects of moving can stretch across many phases MPh, DFPh and AFPh it would be handy to have a "moved" counter to indicate a vehicle that has now stopped but qualifies for case J.
This also seems to conveniently overlap with the vehicles as cover rule.

Does anyone else struggle with the fonts on the Stun and Shock table?
Surely the Vehicle tables can be enlarged and moved to a fold out chart to make them more readable.

Carln0130

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Search for Jim Bishop's article on motion/non-stopped/moving. It was quite recent. It will help.

hongkongwargamer

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Here we go gents

gusi

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
What a great article - Thanks!
I had gun duels on my list next but that is covered as well now .

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Bill Mauldin cartoon: Willie and Joe digging in, as a M4 goes by, "I'd ruther dig, a movin' foxhole attracks the eye."

chief2000

Reaction score
Superb article! Thanks to the Archbishop (or maybe the Archer bishop?)