moving tanks and PBF

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Hi,

Nother brain teaser........

A Pz IV moves towards a T 34 gets adjacent and stops.

Pz IV T 34
moved due to being drunk, stopped
but stopped

Does the Pz IV get PBF if at 1 & or 2 hexes?

Thank you :)

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
answers

This question has bugged me for ages.

It should go in " glorious rules" to rememeber....

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Well, C6.3 says: "Ordnance ... firing at a range of one or two hexes ... adds ... Case L ... unless firing at a Motion/Non-Stopped vehicle... Case L is not applicable if ... the firer is in-Motion/Non-Stopped/Aerial."

So the rule clearly spells out that it is applicable unless the firer and/or target is Motion/Non-Stopped - which means that it applies whenever both are Stopped. It doesn't even require you to look up more than a single rule, so it is one of the easier rules to verify ;)

Oberst Balck

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
Well, C6.3 says: "Ordnance ... firing at a range of one or two hexes ... adds ... Case L ... unless firing at a Motion/Non-Stopped vehicle... Case L is not applicable if ... the firer is in-Motion/Non-Stopped/Aerial."

Well C 6.3 is full of needless verbage as is quite a lot of the ASL Rulebook. I could never understand why MMP never took that oportunity to do a complete re write of it.

Perry's idea of " do no harm" is just crap. HOW would you do harm by rearanging rules so that they were in the right place - in parrticular one place - or simplifying some of the totally unecessary embedded rules?

Where in the table does non- stopped have any effect in comparison with a vehicle in motion that stopped ? To me its just an added embuggerance that only a lawyer could be greatfull for.

Ta

Ole Boe

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Oberst Balck said:
Well C 6.3 is full of needless verbage as is quite a lot of the ASL Rulebook. I could never understand why MMP never took that oportunity to do a complete re write of it.

Perry's idea of " do no harm" is just crap. HOW would you do harm by rearanging rules so that they were in the right place - in parrticular one place - or simplifying some of the totally unecessary embedded rules?
Well, it would take several years to do (I know, since I've used three quarters of a year to rewrite the PM rules), and several new errors/ambigiouties would probably sneak in.

Where in the table does non- stopped have any effect in comparison with a vehicle in motion that stopped ? To me its just an added embuggerance that only a lawyer could be greatfull for.
A vehicle that is not Stopped, is Non-Stopped during its MPh and in Motion any other time, so this rule needs to mention both.