Moving Crews in Hatten

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think a house rule might have to limit the swap to the same type of vehicle at the least...(familiarity/training) but that runs contrary to what can happen if you do end up with a (different type of) vacant vehicle at the end of a game.
I used the terms “swap”/“swapping”...but in an abstract like ASL this could actually represent a plethora of actions/reason...replacements, reinforcements, experience (i.e., a type of crew ELR), field promotion, re-org, etc, etc, ad nauseam.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The prohibition could also function to dampen the omniscience of the player.

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The prohibition could also function to dampen the omniscience of the player.
Omniscience? The responsibility of officers to KNOW the qualities of the assets under their command so that they can best allocate resources (troops/equipment) for maximum effect...omniscience?

Naaa...the “swapping” of crew (i.e., allocating equipment to the best personnel) is exactly what on officer (squad leader) is suppose to do.

As an FYI/aside to everyone following this thread...

This is “The Unofficial Perry Sez Collection”...meaning the Q&A has no more/less validity than an HR players mutually agree to.

Jeff Sewall

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I disagree. A house rule mutually agreed upon actually has more validity than a Perry-Sez. It even trumps the rulebook. You're selling your argument short a little bit here. ;)

But in general, the collection of Perry-Sez are a useful tool for resolving rules disputes. If you have a dispute with your opponent on a rule not covered by a house rule, and your opponent points out a Perry-Sez that directly addresses the issue and supports his side of the argument, are you saying you would not even consider it?

Tater

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I disagree. A house rule mutually agreed upon actually has more validity than a Perry-Sez. It even trumps the rulebook. You're selling your argument short a little bit here. ;)
?

But in general, the collection of Perry-Sez are a useful tool for resolving rules disputes. If you have a dispute with your opponent on a rule not covered by a house rule, and your opponent points out a Perry-Sez that directly addresses the issue and supports his side of the argument, are you saying you would not even consider it?
Depends on the “Q” part of the Q&A, the situation and which list (of many) the opposing player is pulling the Q&A from.

I have over 30 years playing ASL and a large portion of that playing is with HASL/CG...no other category of ASL has more wild and hairy situations arise than HASL/CG. Not much I haven’t seen ASL wise so I always, ALWAYS take every Q&A with a grain of salt. So, yeah, consider it...sure...but I would say I am 50/50 on accepting most Q&A out of hand.