Moving counters between VASL programs instances

Big Noodle

Yooper Lunatic
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
For a project I'm working on, I need to do something rather odd. Is there any way (or could one be created) to select a bunch of counters from one open VASL instance to another. I'm working on a campaign system where I have an entire regiment OOB saved as a game. When a scenario is generated, I'd like the players to be able to grab various platoons and whatnot and drop them on the boards involved. (And the reverse when it's over)

When I try this of course nothing happens.

zgrose

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Zoltan
Country
llUnited States
The only way I know to do what I think you're trying to would be:

1- Create a saved game using the Tray extension. Place all the pre-pulled counters into the Tray. This would be called CGBase.vsav
2- Players of the CG would have to ensure they have the Tray extension installed.
3- The player setting up first would open CGBase, use the Pick New Boards option to set the geoboards for the generated scenario, and pull his pieces from the Tray extension window into the Board window. Save as CGScenario1.
4- Play ensues and at the end, players would return their counters to the Tray. Save as EndOfCGScenario1.
5- Rinse and repeat all the while using the same save file and just picking new boards in the Board window.

So, in essence, everyone is using your save file for the at-start components and just swapping out the contents of the Board window.