Movie Review Forum

JDS8072

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I know in the past I have done some pretty stupid responses here at ACG. But I think this one might actually have some merrit. What would be the possibility of getting a forum or lil section started up for movie reviews. Lately I have seen a lot of polls and post asking people what is your favorite movie on this era or that. There have been hundreds if not thousands of military movies that have come out since the first time man started seeing movies. Could it be possible if someone were to start reviewing movies and post what they thought about them? It could be done in an organized setting and be regulated as well. Maybe what I am asking for is a lost cause, but alas, it is just my opnion.

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
No I think it is a good idea. But I would see it more as being a sticky thread in the Free Fire Zone. Any comments? If positive feedback, I'll start that up. Good one jdscott7280! ;)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
It IS a good idea.

I think it would be more suited to a Forum than just one thread though, as per the original suggestion.

I would also expand the idea to a general review forum in which you could write reviews for games, TV progs, movies, books, anything in fact.

Dr. S.

JSMoss

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Doctor Sinister
It IS a good idea.

I think it would be more suited to a Forum than just one thread though, as per the original suggestion.

I would also expand the idea to a general review forum in which you could write reviews for games, TV progs, movies, books, anything in fact.

Dr. S.
Yea and then you could divide it up into different subject matters and time periods and.....

Wait a minute, didn't they already do that. :D

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Originally posted by JSMoss
Yea and then you could divide it up into different subject matters and time periods and.....

Wait a minute, didn't they already do that. :D
Subdivisions within subdivisions, where would it all end...I think my head hurts.

Dr. S.

Janos

Reaction score
Combat Military Training Center, Hohenfels, Bavari
Country
llUnited States
Originally posted by Lance Williams
Perhaps "Troy" which opens today in the U.S. might be a good one to begin with.
Sorry to be the "nay-sayer" here, but nay.
Troy is a good example -- I have a thread going on that film already in WTTA, along with several others. I suggest (and have put into practice in my forum) putting movies with the eras they portray. IMHO, Gung Ho!, which is already reviewed, belongs in the WW2 forum. They do not belong in the Free Fire Area, which is almost completely unhistoric and has more to do with (no offense to anyone) politics and Dr. Sinister's bunker. Feel free to put in the FFA those films which have no era -- fantasy and unhistoric movies come to mind.
BTW, the same holds true, IMHO, for book reviews.
JS

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Perhaps this can be revisited again in the future, if we ever happen to get a whole mess of in-depth, intelligent movie reviews from members, but for now, Janos has the gist of it.

What makes it a non-issue (at least at this time) is that most of the reviews that are done by staff (be they game/book/movie), are going to be posted in article format right on the main page.

So if ever there is a time that we find ourselves with a plethora of member-posted threads that do a good job of reviewing the various movies that come out, we can take another look at this.

But until then, we're leery about starting any new forums that don't already have a mess of content prepared, an active interest from a large group of members, and a couple people in mind to moderate said forums, complete with adding fresh content consistently, etc.

(We still don't have dedicated moderators for several existent forums that *are* very active!)

So, to sum it up, we might just do this sometime down the road, but not just yet!