Moved To Los Angeles

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi folks - its been some time since I posted here. I have moved from Boise, ID to the Los Angeles, CA area. It has been quite a chaotic period of my life.

Game design work is on hold while I try and get a new job and put things back together. Lots of uphill days ahead ... will check back in later in April.

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can't see the attraction for Los Angeles, myself. ;)

View attachment 45323
LOL - well haven't seen HER yet but this state is very sunny ... winters in Boise were really starting to work me over. With no car I was outside a lot and my age is now a factor. I did get tougher I must admit but my system doesn't like the cold weather anymore. Probably will mean no nights at the beach either! :laugh:

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ok - quick summary of my time in LA:

Feb 28 - arrived in town. Stayed with a friend until late May. During that time:

1. Money did not come in on time.
2. My bike was stolen.
3. I had ONE interview. Job climate in LA is tough unless you are top notch talent.

I did get a replacement bike. It's ok but I miss "ole Red" my hybrid Trek 730. This newer one has some positives about it ... however, it needs work and I need to hold off on spending money on it.

From late May until now I have been condo sitting for a family I know in the area ... they get back on July 10th. I did not have another place to go ... so I bit the bullet and signed up to do over the road semi-tractor trailer driving with C.R. England. I start driving school this coming Monday, July 7, here in the LA area.

Game design work: I have one title open with John Tiller and a future title I am working on with a programmer that we hope to release through another company. I have been doing hit or miss work on both.

Obviously I will not be able to do anywhere near as much game design now but the pay as a driver will get me back into the red again! Hoping to move out of the LA area to either Boise or Reno/Carson City. Somewhere with less people.

Sad to say but I may hang up my game design hat. If I can get a good paying job again I would like to try getting some projects ramped up and then go part time with driving and do games and driving in tandem.

On the other hand .. if I could end up doing writing as a side job that would work too.

So its all up in the air and my priority is to look to marrying eventually and probably will just move on from gaming altogether. I want to spend more time outside and less time staring at a screen!

Hope to update you all later in the year on my progress as a driver. Am NOT looking forward to chaining up a big rig this winter ... good news is that I am only being asked to sign a six month contract ... :)

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like we have both been stuffed by the State of California. You lost your bike and I lost a female who would have been perfect for me;life circumstances got in the way. :violin:

If she had displayed some constancy and would only wait a few years; she would have lived in a lovely house in Napa County. Detached - Drooooool ! Stunning Views - Droooooool ! A in -built machine gun- nest and electronically wired perimeter fence to keep out Fat-ass latinos and Jehovies.

It truly kills me looking at house prices in America; that is, when compared to England, and especially urban centres. You can buy a spacious 3-4 bedroom house in a reasonable area in the States for the same price as a crappy 2 bed flat in London. And these suckers are detached with large front and back gardens.

Oh Boy ! - Imagine living somewhere where you cannot hear other peoples tvs, conversations , parties , music, toilet cisterns, kids running around on wooden floors, babies crying, dog barking etc etc. And what is the most fracking annoying, is that you have to be an American citizen to have your paw in the Honey jar. There are over 30 million latino illegals living in the States: there should be at least one Brit to balance things out. :D

Amen to your less people point. Sleepy town America is the place to be- no noise and space to contemplate and breathe. Plus you might get hitched to some mid-western farmer's daughter, who is as cute as apple pie. One paw in the Honey Jar and the other in the apple pie, and it's happy bear slumbers. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !

Last edited:

Sgt_Rock

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sorry to hear about your loss, Marshal Lannes.

I ended up having to drop out of the truck driving school due to health issues. Back to hunting for work ... :(

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Looks like I owe the State of California an apology. My romantic interest contacted me 2 days ago, .....Surpriiiiiiiised. ! :surprise:........At the moment, I feel like a stray cat who has wandered in and out of a high-powered wind tunnel......!

[video=youtube_share;aEwn8lPulHE]http://youtu.be/aEwn8lPulHE?list=RDaEwn8lPulHE[/video]

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
View attachment 47310

Pour example;.......What the fricky- fracky.......you definitely cannot be serious; a 4 bedroom house with a swimmy pool. :yummy:...detached....count them ... 3 bathrooms....one for you,....one for your partner and one for the cat.....I really must stop looking at california house prices,....cos it makes me seething with rage...:mad:.... 385,000 semolions,... what's that in sterling,... take the first number, multiply it by two and add 14,... then take away the original number and add a zero to it;......... and it comes to about £240,000 imperial pounds..........you may as well give it away with a few gallons of petrol......................................:nuts:.

Last edited: