Motor Gun Boat Rules?

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Since Operation Chariot will probably never be reprinted is there any chance the Motor Gun Boat rules will be published in a new (available) product? If not any chance they could be released in a PDF format? I'd love to mess around with MGBs.

Vinnie

See Dummies in the index
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Since Operation Chariot will probably never be reprinted is there any chance the Motor Gun Boat rules will be published in a new (available) product? If not any chance they could be released in a PDF format? I'd love to mess around with MGBs.
You could always just use the Landing Craft rule and give them more armaments. You might need to account for the fact that ships are always in motion but are designed to fight that way.

jrv

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llIceland
The MGB rules have important differences. For instance MGBs may not move into bypass [M4], eliminating the spectre of LC bypass sleaze.

Also the MGB rules probably aren't going to be of much use without the counters and the vehicle notes.

JR

Gordon

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes, but how much was truncated from them? How limited are they?

I can work up my own counters for PT boats, E-boats, etc., I'm just not so good at working up rules.

Xavier 658

LFT Magazine Editor
Reaction score
First name
Xavier
Country
llSpain
Hi Gordon and sorry for the late reply, LFT Crew has been spending some time working on an upcoming product and I haven't been on GS for a week or so.

We will discuss it in our next meeting and I'll post something here before the end of the year.

X