Most interesting area for questing

What is the most interesting area for questing in?

• Lonelands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trollshaws

• Eregion

• Moria

• Far North (Forochel and Misty Mountains)

• Ettenmoors (as monster)

• Far west (Shire, Ered Luin, Thorin's Hall)

• Other

• Total voters

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Okay, so what is the most interesting area for questing?

I have only leveled as high as 37 so haven't made it into Moria yet - Palantir is the expert here - but you're free to vote for your fav "so far" as it were.

I just spent the day yesterday in Evendim and once again, found a ton of quests that had been unavailable to me before. While some of the other regions seem to have exhausted themselves fairly quickly, I'm surprised at how limitless Evendim seems. Perhaps it is simply best suited for a mid-level hunter, but other areas all seem either devoid of quests, or else populated by incredibly tough NPCs, or else only have group quests remaining.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
The only drawback to Evendim is the amount of swimming, which is slow. But I like that a fairly low-level character can start off on quests there, and there is still lots to do even as he levels up. It almost seems like they spent more time developing the region than other areas. I keep going back to Ered Luin hoping to find more quests, because I really like the scenery there, too, but I ran through everything there is to do. Thorin's Hall is amazing, but there are no quests there for me, either.

I forgot to mention that North Downs can probably be considered part of Bree-Land for purposes of this poll; though you can answer "other" if you want to consider them separate. I just discovered the whole city in the northern end of Fornost - which I'm not about to venture into on my own. Lots of stuff to do there yet. Some good group quests in the forest, and also by the Trestlebridge, such as the black fire, etc.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hard one to answer as far as "Quest Interesting." everyone has their own take on that. My take of them & top 4.

Evendim: (#1) This area gets my vote for best immersion quest region from first quest entry on thru 60th level: I love helping the Dunedain.

West areas: (more or less starting areas) The most appealing by far is the Shire (#2) just based on all the LotR background and pure relaxed for "fun" quests. Ered Luin/Thorin's Hall are more serious in quest nature and intense.

Angmar: (#3) Excellent "disheartening" quest area for fighting THE evil. If you want to directly fight the home of the "shadow" thats creeping south over M.E. this is the place.

North Downs: (#4) interesting terrain and helping out the Rangers makes for good engaging quests & killing hordes of Orcs.

(no order)
Bree-land: Good Epic Quest area. Old Forest- try and make your first visit at night!!! The ONLY time to visit & get the the full eeriness is in the dark.

Lonelands: "Lonely" IS how to explain this area: Weather Top is a must visit on a sunny clear day but the quests didn't pull me in as much as other areas.

Trollshaws: A good set of quests that made me go "YIKES!" Finally killing those wandering trolls (alone) was a good feeling.

Eregion: I liked the quests here helping out the elves: very tough, keeps you moving and involved.

Moria: A massive world & quest area in itself, dark and gloomy: if you enjoy that atmosphere & moving from one different type of area to another you'll enjoy yourself (and of course helping the dwarfs retake Moria). Your character will thank you for taking him outside to see the sky after awhile.

Forochel/MM: if you enjoy snow and hitting an area not covered much in LotR Forochel's engaging quests are for you. The area & quests are different than the rest of the game. Misty Mts- big area with fighting every step of the way to & from quests. The goal: fight (quest) your way into Goblin Town. A purposely confusing area with some interesting quests.

Last edited:

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Great summary.

I am still not strong enough to battle the two salamanders in the basement, but I hooked up with the lady in blue behind the waterfall and restored the two statues over the weekend. There's a real feeling of accomplishment rising in levels and overcoming odds previously too great.

The first time I wandered into Evendim, I basically ran like a bat out of hell past all the tomb-robbers because I was so weak and powerless I couldn't take them on in a fair fight, or at least the odds were just under 50-50 that I would win, and it would take some of my precious Athleas essence to revive and be able to beat them. (Why can't you get that stuff from the vendors, incidentally - I'd be buying it like Christmas candy.)

Kind of agree on the bleakness of the Lonelands, but I wasn't too bothered by it - I think I levelled up past some of the major quests, though, as there are a couple of major fortresses in the area that I never once had the opportunity to go questing in. I spent most of my time killing spiders and orcs in order to get titles and then move on to the trait rewards. Was mostly drudgery. I'm now levelled up high enough to do some questing in the circle of blood and be able to comfortably defeat creatures there on a whim, but the remaining quests in the NE corner of the map seem like group quests which I'm not too interested in at the moment. Haven't ventured into the swamps in the SE except for one quest, some interesting ruins at the far end but not a lot to do there that I recall. I may have to go back and see what I've missed now that I think about it.

I did a quick run through the Misty Mountains just to see what I could see - some pretty spectacular views. I tried to work my way around to the SE without fighting, but ran into way too many creatures in the valley and eventually succumbed; I'll go back when I level up some more. Love the vistas up there, and the weather.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Evendim "Blue Lady" quest line is one of my favorites leading up to the quests in Annuminas.

The Lonelands- that NE gloomy red section is Agamaur & the fortress Garth Agarwen. which is an absolute crazy area of "higher" level mobs that attack in groups. It requires a full & high level fellowship to wander in there. It's a depressing area I avoid for better quest time elsewhere!

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seeing as I am only level 20, I voted for Breeland. I have quested in the Lonelands with my champion before, but it was frustrating before the new quest tracker. But I do remember the first time I saw Weathertop!!

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Seeing as I am only level 20, I voted for Breeland. I have quested in the Lonelands with my champion before, but it was frustrating before the new quest tracker. But I do remember the first time I saw Weathertop!!
I ran right past Weathertop. I was too busy looking for something that looked like the icon on the map, and thinking that it would be a lot smaller! :D I think I actually ran past it a few times before venturing up the trail and eventually cluing in that Weathertop really was that huge mountain I was summiting and not something that looked like a glorified bandstand.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Okay, having spent time in Forochel now with a level 40-45 character, I'm almost inclined to change my vote. I think this question really does depend on your character level.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Man I need to get cracking. I created a new Elf warden which I like better than my human hunter but now I'm down to level 5 again and can't take on the big guys, not to mention no horses for rent yet :mad:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Okay, having spent time in Forochel now with a level 40-45 character...
You must have grown a thick layer of fur by now as long as you've been up there! :laugh: I picture you looking like "Jeremiah Johnson" all bundled up waiting to be ambushed by Indians.

It's just crazy isn't it with the amount of "stuff" you can do in each region of the game and not feel as if you're missing anything.