Moscow update

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Any news on when PzC Moscow '41 will be updated? Thus far it seems left out in the dark behind all of the other games both before and after it lol.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
The way it seemed to work with the last round of updates, was that the PzC team had to prioritise workloads, and went with sort of a polling type of system -where the titles that they got the most feedback on were the ones updated.

I imagine it is because that team (the PzC/MC team) is juggling workloads with development etc...

Educated guess is that if you can get a few more guys interested in that title, it has a chance to be taken care of sooner - but since I am not on the team, there isn't a guarantee on that- just reporting how it worked out a few months ago.

Fwiw, I wouldn't mind it being updated.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yes I remember that, and I have several titles, so have seen the other ones updated. It has always puzzled me why there is seemingly less interest in the Eastern Front games of this series compared to the West, while terrain, etc was so much more conducive to the "panzer" style in the east..perhaps just most gamers are more familiar with the west.

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
id throw in my vote for that one but where did/do they ask for the feed back?

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think that they had the poll on this forum actually sometime last year, edh...not sure where moscow ended up, but apparently last :-( lol

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
lol yeah that sucks as it is one of the better campaigns along w/ smolensk imo

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
I believe the poll was conducted at the Blitz club, however I have PBEM a lotta pzc campaign's including this title and like you I miss all the latest bells and whistles.

Should point out this a mega campaign in which the soviet player suffers horrible losses until the frozen weather arrives and would therefore speculate most games end early.

Mine did as I held a line whilst falling back Eastwards, but my opponent started picking off the Northern Front so with nowhere to go I removed them from the map, my opponent thought I should stand and die on the edge of the battlefield, so the **** hit the fan with the game ending just as the Winter was about to bite.

Now I just play solo hotseat !!!.

Eleven games are fully updated sofar plus three to early 2011, two to 2010 with Moscow and El Alamein last on 2009 updates.

trauth116

Webmaster: hist-sdc.com
Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
id throw in my vote for that one but where did/do they ask for the feed back?

:( Sorry- I should have added that ...

Drop a line to HPS Sims at: Support at hpssims dot com it might help too, if you come up with a title you all use on the email that is the same - like 'Req for Moscow 41 update' . Pass it around to any of your gaming buddies that also are interested in it, see what happens - I'm not saying it will, but I think it is the best shot at it.

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
thats how i enjoy the game too east, hotseat vs myself... had a major computer malfunction quite some time ago and finally got a new laptop this past aug and have just now gotten around to re-installing all the games on to it. dont know if its my age finally showing or what but i just cant play these games w/o the zoom in feature that they've added as the icons are just way to small for me to read now.

just started up market garden to get back into the swing of things but im sure i will be starting up smolensk again in the not to distant future, and moscow when it gets upgraded....

i must say im a bit surprised that moscow would be so low on the list though but i guess the mASSES have spoken lol...

i think at this point trauth there really isnt much point in saying anything to HPS as its now in the top 2 to get done lol and i would imagine (hope) that they are already working on one of them as its now over 2 years since they've been updated.

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I think so also edh..it can't have much competition now..mostly I want simply the "no-cd" to work with it, as that CD is sooo scratched up in my selection that sometimes my computer cannot even read it in the drive.
As far as solo-hotseat, that is funny, I do that a lot also. I created a Stalingrad campaign actually that runs from the German approach to the Don River in late July 42 to the final gasps (historically) of Manstein's relief effort and the middle of February 43. I edit the pdt file as the season changes to slowly give the Russian side a better advantage also. Have made it into early September so far ( a LONG game already of 2 yrs playing lol) the weather is only just now beginning to have an effect really as mud has slowed down the German, and especially foot-marching allies, along the long approach march. About that style of play, even knowing some information since you are basically both sides, it is still quite a challenge if you play honestly.

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
wow sounds like quite the undertaking...

yeah i really enjoy the me vs me game play (figure it comes from being and only child) as you can go at your own pace w/o the pressure of trying to keep getting the game back to your opponent or waiting for it especially since i prefer playing the full campaings to the smaller scenerios, and like you say, as long as your honest w/ yourself it can be a really fun way to play.

eastwindrain

Reaction score
Country
ll
A really good Operation Typhoon pbem AAR by Brickie can be found in the AAR section.
I should mention that IMO these games are very well supported by HPSSIMS as all the titles have been updated on numerous occasions.

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
lol funny you should mention that as ive been reading it off and on for the last couple of days (just finished it a few hours ago and sent him a PM telling him how good it was, though since he hasnt been here since sept not sure if he will get it)

and yes ive always been very happy w/ the way the tiller crew keeps all their games 'fresh'... some of the best game support ive ever seen!
you've gotta like when a game (smolensk) has been updated 16 times and its not because they have to keep making patches for bugs like it would be for most other games ...

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
actually it might be a good idea to do what trauth said.... i was paying a little more attention when i was re-installing my games and see that their are still a few that havent been fully brought up to the most recent standards.

i will follow trauths suggestion and will be sending in an email to HPS titled 'Req for moscow 41 update' and ask anyone else who would like to see this happen to do the same. thanks trauth... AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE OYE OYE OYE

below is the email i sent:

love the series and would really like to see moscow updated as soon as you guys can. thank you and keep up the good work!!!

ed hummel
pzc enthusiast since 2005

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
got this reply back from rahamy (i do believe) a little while ago:

Hi Ed,

We are working on some graphical issues, but once that has been
resolved we will get an update out for this title. Got your note at
the HPS account too, so this is a reply for both. :)

Regards,
Rich

navman74

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Very cool! Thanks edh for picking up the ball on this one. I stepped away for all but a few minutes of the past few days, and looked back here not really expecting anything, only to see to my surprise that it is already maybe in the works. HPS is absolutely great also in their support, I have never yet been disappointed.

edh

Recruit
Reaction score
no need to thank me as it was purely for selfish reasons i did what i did:D

and you are correct, HPS is far and away the best customer oriented company ive ever dealt with and they've earnd everything they've gotten thanks to the work they put in/out and the way they stand behind each and every game they produce! im not even sure anyone could name one other company that still supports a game title from 12+ years ago, especially after so many other releases since then...

its always a good thing when the people doing the work dont just do it for the money but because they love the end product as well...