Mortar spotter

MajorDomo

DM? Chuck H2O in his face
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Can a HIP Tank Hunter Hero be a spotter for a mortar?

If so, would he remain HIP when mortar fires?

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Isn't spotting equivalent to using a SW?
C9.3 ... Spotting is considered the equivalent of using a SW for purposes of movement curtailment and inherent FP loss;
A T-H Hero may not use a SW, so I don't think it is allowed to spot for a mortar.

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
He cannot.

1.423 USE: A T-H Hero has no Hero DRM (A15.24), may not possess a Gun or a SW other than an ATMM (1.4231) or a DC Transferred to him as per 1.424 (thus he may not use MOL even if his side is otherwise allowed to), may not attempt Recovery (or Transfer except to receive a DC as per 1.424), may not be a Spotter (C9.3), ...

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Robin's impeccable logic and Doug's fastidious dive into the rules -- same result. Sometimes the ASLRB makes sense in a consistent whole. ;)

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Robin's impeccable logic and Doug's fastidious dive into the rules -- same result. Sometimes the ASLRB makes sense in a consistent whole. ;)
I generally find that, any time I try to apply logic to making sense of the rulebook, it rarely ends well.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I generally find that, any time I try to apply logic to making sense of the rulebook, it rarely ends well.
I applied the logic inherent to the rules, not to try to make sense of the rules. That would be applying common sense and some fuzzy reality argument, both of which won't always work in ASL.