Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
Well, I hate nazi fanboys about as much as Mark.
I am mocking the SS by giving them Jewish names and not overthinking things.
I rather would see the nazi fetishists have a stroke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacometti

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Now, one could take things the wrong way, like thinking that I would have identified Jews with nazis (like the antisemites which use the notion of antizionism as an excuse to propagate their hate).
Which is ridiculous, as I have some Jewish origins and support the full right of Israel to exist (even though the situation over there is very complex).
Can you take your politics elsewhere, please.

bprobst

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Bruce
Country
llAustralia
It would be a sad day if shitting on the SS (whether as an organisation or individual members of that organisation) would be classed as "a political discussion".

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Dumping upon historical scum is fine, current affairs belongs in Politics. For now I will prune as I see fit, but may be forced to banish the whole thread to the politics cesspit if I have to prune too much. Banishment is easier and I am in a lazy mood.

Robin Reeve

The Swiss Moron
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Robin
Country
llSwitzerland
I don't mind having my post edited by the mods.
I understand that my attempt to explain why a misinterpretation of my previous post would be nonsense could be considered as crossing a line as being a political statement.
The mods do their job the best they can.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
Posts prior to my warning in post #27 (http://www.gamesquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/more-real-smc-names-please.153685/post-1987643), I left alone. While members should know that current politics should go to Politics, it's easy in the heat of the moment to forget. The odd politics snark will inevitably creep in and provided it is isolated I'm not going to pitch a fit. If it continues by the same or other posters then I will politely warn and any political post afterwards will get the "commissar" treatment, regardless of poster or whether I agree with the substance.

Sorry for belabouring the point, but I want members to understand my thinking and interpretation of existing rules and prior custom. While I personally don't care much, the likelihood is that such a thread will go to shit very quickly and aggravate other members, that I do wish to avoid.

Thank you all for your patience, I just want to be upfront about my actions.

Last edited:

Yuri0352

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hitachi, Sony, Toshiba, Fujitsu... and then there are all the cars, Honda, Nissan, Daihatsu, Mitsubishi, Toyota...

(Or just go with character names from The Seven Samurai :))
Samsung and Hyundai could be suitable as well for the ROK SMC'S.

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
:) not quite .. those aren't Korean last names. Samsung is literally "Three Stars" and Hyundai is "Modern"
Do you really expect hairy round eyed barbarians like myself to either know better or worry much? ? Westerner's of my age were exposed in our childhood to the likes of Mickey Rooney (Breakfast at Tiffanys) and thought that series like "Kung Fu" were sooo authentic. I confess that for most of my life I didn't realise that family name first was the common Asiatic name convention, the opposite of Western convention.