More Flat panel madness

Kevin Kenneally

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just saw two more items that are for sale with the flat panel maps.

Behind Utah Beach - Remake of Shanley's Hill. Has flat panel maps (Qty unknown).

Drop Zone Normandy - Remake of Band of Brothers. Has two flat panel maps and counters.

Wonder how many are going to be suckered into buying these items?

horseshoe

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just saw two more items that are for sale with the flat panel maps.

Behind Utah Beach - Remake of Shanley's Hill. Has flat panel maps (Qty unknown).

Drop Zone Normandy - Remake of Band of Brothers. Has two flat panel maps and counters.

Wonder how many are going to be suckered into buying these items?
Hopefully no one, but some will bite....

rdw5150

it's just a game
Reaction score
First name
Roger
Country
llUnited States
not to be mean but.....

does anyone care?

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
....and that sums it up for me as well.
It is a good game I have been collecting since the original Squad Leader and every expansion from AH that was put out. Not too long ago CH changed their counters (for the better) and made them universal to the game system. That was cool, but and a big but, they decided to re-package old modules as new ones without really telling you they are re-prints. They rush these products out with slicker counters, but rather untested scenarios and rushed production. I can get past that and I did purchase expansions that seem "different or unique", like Hell Behind he East Front or Lion of Judah (which is a Soldier of Negus reprint).

But then they got greedy by upping prices across the board for items and finally, the dreaded Geo-board and flat panel map joke. Quality takes time and that shows over at MMP or BFP or even HOB. I would be lying my a** off if I said that I will never buy CH again. Fact is that I still look at what they put out and will get what looks interesting, I will buy. What I won't do is to run out and buy whatever they put out. I am a counter whore, but a man has to have a code.

My 2 cents.

kynken

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
:laugh::) Good one Ken. Try this one on for size.

We just understand how things are. How many customers they gotta lose before they figure things out?”
I totally agree. They have lost about 90% of my business, but I am not ruling them out completely. Just because you upgrade your product, you should no be re-printing old stuff to milk out more money and try to pan it out as new. Their customer base should be smarter than that.