Moon Says that CM x 2 Normandy Coming in 2009

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
MD, yes I know all of this. Have heard it a lot from a lot of people and even subscribe to a lot of it myself.

At the end of the day do I have fun playing this game, then the answer is a definite Yes, and you know, thats all that really matters to me. It feels real enough for me without all the whistles and bells and extras that you alluded to. SOme of hich I wouldnt want anyway.

Cheers

thewood

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
BFC has admitted there a lot of non-modeling work to be done for Normandy. A lot of coding has to be done to add foxholes, water, etc. I think we are at least a year away, maybe more. The real teller will be how long until the next CMSF modeule comes out after Marines. It also looks like they won't be adding many large features to CMSF and major things like water won't be added in CMSF because its a seperate game from CM Normandy.

British Tommy

Reaction score
Country
ll
Flaming Nora Geordie, what did you say or do to have these attacks on you! :nuts:

I don't like SF but if you do, good on you mate. CMx1 is not for everyone either but you won't hear me moaning because someone doesn't like it.
Thankfully there's lots of games out there to suit everyone and no doubt there will be more in the future.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
No worries here, if its ww2 your after then CM-1 is still the King and after having played over a thousand competitive games of it I still havent found anything better. SF is a game of modern war and its scope is far less, but still its fun and interesting and not at all an RTS.

If you search back a couple of years to a year, I was a big detractor of it. Still, I have been converted to it, maybe not enough to buy a Marine module, but I really do enjoy it and under 1.08 have had no problems.

All Im saying is that if you have it, or can get it cheap, then its well worth another look.

Patrocles

Reaction score
I still play CMBB and love it!! I was not the least interested in the CMSF theater or combatants, but I bought to support BF and their development of the CMX2 engine. I do not plan on buying any of the modules for CMSF. I tried CMSF (with the various patches) and ended up being frustrated by the gameplay! If you guys like CMSF then more power to ya! I hope they can work all the bugs out for CMX2 Normandy!
:)

Tanker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah yes--now I see. Very stable Geordie and the equivalent of CMX1. Funny-I never had to scrap a turn or a game in CMX1.
You know, I thought it would be helpful to point out that 1.08 was enjoyable to play to anyone who had not tried it yet. But it appears your mind is made up and you don't wish to have it changed. Well your loss mate. And I think Geordie was just trying to be helpful also.

Tanker

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Flaming Nora Geordie, what did you say or do to have these attacks on you! :nuts:

I don't like SF but if you do, good on you mate. CMx1 is not for everyone either but you won't hear me moaning because someone doesn't like it.
Thankfully there's lots of games out there to suit everyone and no doubt there will be more in the future.
Refreshing attitude BT.

Geordie

CM Moderator
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
You know, I thought it would be helpful to point out that 1.08 was enjoyable to play to anyone who had not tried it yet. But it appears your mind is made up and you don't wish to have it changed. Well your loss mate. And I think Geordie was just trying to be helpful also.
If no one is interested in it then thats fine.

However, all I was saying is that I had the same attitude before I tried 1.08 and IF you already have the game, patching to 1.08 and trying it again wont cost you a thing.

I also said that I personally hadnt had any problems with 1.08 PBEM.

For the price (dont buy from BF), in my opinion its well worth getting.

Cheers

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Should we start a new countdown thread, or just continue this one, do you think?

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nah, we should just keep this one. It keeps the whole CMx2 flair of the thing :D

I'm placing my bet for 3rd quarter of 2010. Specifically between the dates of August 25th and September 5th.

[hirr]Leto

Varmint Croonie
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Release of CMN will be based more on the need to generate revenue than it being ready. If BFC don't need the cash, you can be sure that it will be a 3rd quarter release as summer releases tend to be overshadowed by too many other distractions.

Let's hope they don't need the revenue then!

They simply will not survive another shoddy release and losing BFC will be a bad thing for the wargaming world, any way you cut it.

Cheers!

Leto

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1244672 said:
They simply will not survive another shoddy release and losing BFC will be a bad thing for the wargaming world, any way you cut it.

Cheers!

Leto
Will it? I used to think the same thing, but is it really true? Is a company that is not producing games people want doing anybody any good?

-dale

KG_Jag

KG Vice Kommandir
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
[hirr]Leto;1244672 said:

Cheers!

Leto
I agree with the former, but not necessarily with the second point. Regardless of the health of BFC, Charles will keep programming. It might be better if he was part of another outfit with a game design philosophy that is closer to the CM x 1 roots than what we have seen with CM x 2 so far.

Last edited:

Elvis

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Will it? I used to think the same thing, but is it really true? Is a company that is not producing games I want doing anybody any good?

-dale
Fixed it for you. (You're welcome).

The only interest I have in it being released by June 30th is that I will owe dalem a case of beer if it isn't. I have personally seen nothing that would make me think that he won't be buying a case but anything could happen. I recently read someone who said no one ever didn't buy a game because it wasn't released on schedule (it that a triple negative sentence?)

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fixed it for you. (You're welcome).

The only interest I have in it being released by June 30th is that I will owe dalem a case of beer if it isn't. I have personally seen nothing that would make me think that he won't be buying a case but anything could happen. I recently read someone who said no one ever didn't buy a game because it wasn't released on schedule (it that a triple negative sentence?)
Well, CMx2 has failed to ignite any real spark of interest, so that's why I broadened the scope of my statement away from just my own interest. But yeah, if they make Q2 2010 I will happily beer you up as we agreed.

Even if I never bought the darned thing, it would make for interesting reading online.

-dale

dalem

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fair enough although I imagine it depends on how or who is defining "any real spark of interest". Broad strokes your painting with today.
Sure, just look at all the online activity and ladders and secondary and tertiary sites that are discussing CM:SF. Look how fast it hit the bargain bin. Etc., etc. A few people might still be playing CM:SF but nobody cares about it. It's a dud.

-dale