Monte Altuzzo

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Just received this today after several weeks of being in the shipping process. First thoughts were OMG what a map, very confusing it is so “busy”. My main peeve is that it looks like all the Packs now come with the CH alternative colours counters , a big disappointment to me as I would prefer the classic colours in the packs and leave the alternatives to the nationality packs. Pity Ray has taken this route as I know many that still buy CH items do not like the Alternative counters.

dlazov

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Since I have been out of ASL for the last 4 years, out of curiosity I went to the CH site. Sadly, not much has changed for the good. I won't pay those prices nor try to even collect all that stuff from CH any more. Prior to 2014 it was not too terribly bad, but it was starting to get madding with the fourth release of Berlin and the 2nd or 3rd release of Devils Domain, I was at that time and point ready to give up on them, and now that I am skimming the waters again, there is no way I can justify spending any money or time on Ray's stuff any longer. Pity because there was some great concepts and the old (think Kharkov, Mamev Kurgen, Winger de Modem, and a few others) had great maps.

From what your saying he is not changing the color scheme as well.

buser333

Reaction score
Since I have been out of ASL for the last 4 years, out of curiosity I went to the CH site. Sadly, not much has changed for the good. I won't pay those prices nor try to even collect all that stuff from CH any more. Prior to 2014 it was not too terribly bad, but it was starting to get madding with the fourth release of Berlin and the 2nd or 3rd release of Devils Domain, I was at that time and point ready to give up on them, and now that I am skimming the waters again, there is no way I can justify spending any money or time on Ray's stuff any longer. Pity because there was some great concepts and the old (think Kharkov, Mamev Kurgen, Winger de Modem, and a few others) had great maps.

This is about the timeframe I said to hell with them too, for the very reasons you mentioned.

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
In the last 8 months I have received 5or 6 items and that’s it I bought this due to the area covered and I bought the Russian Rare Vehicles 4 to complete that set they are fair but still have problems in the Recent Annual he did one scenario that gave the set up as “ west of Row CC alas there is no CC on either of he two maps

MAS01

Reaction score
First name
Mark
Country
llUnited States

Wow, it's been that long, Don? Time sure seems to go by faster.

Cheers,

Mark

Paul M. Weir

Forum Guru
Staff member
Reaction score
First name
Paul
Country
llIreland
I got a small number of 2nd "editions", Stonne, Berlin and a Korea module. The components had improved enough between 1st and 2nd to justify to myself but they were the last I got from CH. CH used to be a bit hit or miss with regard to rules and playtesting, some very good, some "Meh!" but overall a "cheap and cheerful" experience. CH stopped being cheap, other TPP were coming out with much, much better quality and in sufficient quantity to satisfy my desire for novelty. When CH did their "ToT tribute" stunt I swore off, despite being a former CH regular.

Sparky

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Just received this today after several weeks of being in the shipping process. First thoughts were OMG what a map, very confusing it is so “busy”. My main peeve is that it looks like all the Packs now come with the CH alternative colours counters , a big disappointment to me as I would prefer the classic colours in the packs and leave the alternatives to the nationality packs. Pity Ray has taken this route as I know many that still buy CH items do not like the Alternative counters.
amen brother Olli. Consider me a very strong opponent of the Alt. counters, in new releases. No problem however as long as new counters are not being introduced. However as much fun as playing the combined Omaha scenario was, it sucked not having enough traditional colored unique counters (and having 2 copies of Omaha west) thus needing the alt colors of the Omaha East release. 4 counter colors in play at the same time?

Fail. As only CH could do. Only saved but the shear awesomeness of the scenario itself and how much fun it was. But it was like having a broomstick shoved up my ass in terms of my aestetic senses. It hurt man...

olli

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llGermany
amen brother Olli. Consider me a very strong opponent of the Alt. counters, in new releases. No problem however as long as new counters are not being introduced. However as much fun as playing the combined Omaha scenario was, it sucked not having enough traditional colored unique counters (and having 2 copies of Omaha west) thus needing the alt colors of the Omaha East release. 4 counter colors in play at the same time?

Fail. As only CH could do. Only saved but the shear awesomeness of the scenario itself and how much fun it was. But it was like having a broomstick shoved up my ass in terms of my aestetic senses. It hurt man...
I hear you on that, I am fortunate that there has not as yet been a scenario that has caused me to run out of official colour counters and my concern is if he brings out new counters in his colours.

RRschultze

Reaction score
First name
Ian
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I Suppose you could email CH when placing an order and specifically not ask for the alternative counters?