Mogadishu 02

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Hi guys,

after my first try that I managed to finish in 53 seconds, Curt changed the rules on me and I had to try again :freak:

Seriously, thanks Curt for fixing that bug so fast!!!! :salute:

I get the news that one of Blackhawks crashed a couple of blocks east of the security zone. I immediately send my the Humvees to secure the crash-site as already dozens of militia units close in on the downed helo. I also order my Littlebirds back from base to support my groundforces.
My Humvees manage to arrive at the crash site before the somalis and immediately dismount and form a perimeter around the downed helo.

In a few hectic minutes until air support arrives the skinnies manage to take out one of my (empty) Humvees. Just as they start to pour in from all sides, the littlebirds open up with their miniguns and mow down at least a dozen enemy units in a matter of seconds. (If it is a terrible sight in a game, I don't really want to know how it looks in reality :eek: )

Once the Littlebirds arrive, the mission is practically over. The somalis don't seem to have anything to endanger my helos and in a matter of 5 minutes the enemy is cut down to two operational units and the mission is won.

Once again, very entertaining mission, although the littlebird seem to rule the battlefield... I thought I read somewhere that they pulled out the remaining helos once the first blackhawk went down?! Maybe I'll try this scenario again without air support...

Cheers
Arno

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They pulled out the blackhawks, but the littlebirds maintained fire support the whole day and night. It probably is the only thing that saved the rangers from being wiped out.

Arno

Reaction score
Country
llGermany
Ah ok. Those miniguns sure are fearsome :bite:

From what I gathered in the first three Mog missions, those littlebirds can't be hurt (or even shot at) by anything other than those armed trucks... especially no RPGs were fired at me... is this intentional??? So far those 3 missions were quite a piece of cake because I could operate my helos at will.

Take care
Arno

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ah ok. Those miniguns sure are fearsome :bite:

From what I gathered in the first three Mog missions, those littlebirds can't be hurt (or even shot at) by anything other than those armed trucks... especially no RPGs were fired at me... is this intentional??? So far those 3 missions were quite a piece of cake because I could operate my helos at will.

Take care
Arno
As far as I know, there were no RPGs fired at the Littlebirds. Makes sense, considering their small size and that they essentially made "passes", much like a fast-mover...