Modifying Graphics

z1812

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hi All,

I am wondering if all the following AATF graphics can be modified.

For instance
-the breaching complete graphic
-the user interface panel
-the targeting graphics
-the green square around selected units

I only have the demo so I cannot check myself. Also when you update previous titles with AATF will you then be using the AATF user interface to play them?

Thanks John

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi All,

I am wondering if all the following AATF graphics can be modified.

For instance
-the breaching complete graphic
-the user interface panel
-the targeting graphics
-the green square around selected units

I only have the demo so I cannot check myself. Also when you update previous titles with AATF will you then be using the AATF user interface to play them?

Thanks John
The breech graphic is hard-coded. The interface panel and most other graphics can be modified.

And yes, the new interface will be used for other games in the series.

Hope this helps.

Curt

nicdain

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
The breech graphic is hard-coded.
The breach graphic covers the units graphics and sometimes it is difficult to know where a given unit is. Are there any options to erase the breaching complete graphics or to put the units over them?

CPangracs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The breach graphic covers the units graphics and sometimes it is difficult to know where a given unit is. Are there any options to erase the breaching complete graphics or to put the units over them?
Units will be visible over top of the breach as they go through the completed breach in the final version.
The reason it is so large is to make it easier to maneuver follow-on units through the breach.

The graphics are simply an overlay, and are NOT part of the actual map - they are simply a "Situation Template" or SITEMP (the red graphics) and the Manueuver Graphics for your forces (the blue graphics).

Pat Proctor

President, ProSim Company
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nic,

I understand your question. We are working on a feasible way to make this graphic transparent. In the meantime, you can zoom out. This will make the breach smaller so it is easier to see the units underneath.

nicdain

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Patrick & Curt - Thank you for your replies. Actually I am using the zoom out function in order to let the units be visible under the breaching graphics. Transforming them into transparent would be of great help!

Just another question: when I order a path at company level, I have some trouble at platoon or single unit level. For example (Shugart Gordon scenario): if I order an infantry company to follow a trail in the forest with a column formation, I find out that at platoon level this path is not followed. Instead, platoons cut across the forest. Am I messing up with formations?

Looking forward to reading the manual to get better inside the sim mechanics!